Linkin Park Likes Weeds

untitled

posted on the lpa:

Contact Music reports that Linkin Park have been selected alongside Randy Newman, The Shins, and Billy Bob Thornton as finalists to have their covers of the theme song from the popular Showtime show "Weeds" played on air.

The song, "Little Boxes", was originally recorded by Malvina Reynolds in 1962. A different artist is chosen to sing the theme song for the intro of each new episode. Notable artists like Elvis Costello, Death Cab For Cutie, the Polyphonic Spree, Englebert Humperdinck, and Joan Baez have all tackled the song before.

We'll keep you posted as to if and when Linkin Park's version comes to light. For now, you can listen to the original here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvK0ZKaK6h8

This has the potential to become one of the most bizarre Linkin Park recordings in existence.

Source:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/stars submit weeds theme covers to tv bosses_1036778

ya saw this on lpu or lpst, kinda interesting
i wanne hear it

*edit
LOL ive listen to the song on omf lol thats one ..... erm lame? song
i REALLY like to know what lp would do to it
maby mike going "When i say little you say boxes:" LITTLE" *crowd* 'BOXES'"
lol

this is rather strange... i mean lp could have recorded a song for the fans or do some random lpu song like dk... w/e but the fact is either they like weeds or someine payed them to do it and m going with the second one -_-

Woo, I actually watch that show. Holy ferret, thats gonna be so weird... LP theme song aha. In all honesty there stuff seems more anime appropriate, no? But its a cover.. still weirddd.

weeds is a decent enough show I think...
but I've never noticed the different versions lol

well I'll keep an eye out for this lol, can't wait to see how on earth LP will arrange this song

Honestly it's gonna rock either way cuz it's either gonna be spiced up LP style and sound... (however impossible it may seem) awesome. Or, it's gonna be hilarious.

But it's so random it's funny already.

Back