Linking access with excel

C

Cmiller0011

I have created an access database with various records. I split the database into a front end and back end. Here is what I want to do:
I want to export the data into an excel file. I have already done this once. But I want a way for the access database and the excel file to always be linked. I want to enter all new information into the back end database, but have a separate user be able to view the data in an excel file. I have formatted this excel file very specifically. I don't want to have to export the data to excel every time I update a record as I would have to play around with the formatting for 20 minutes. Is there a way to have the excel spreadsheet and the access database linked so that when a record is added or removed, it would automatically get changed in excel.
I read on the online microsoft help pages that this is possible but it seems that I would have to use excel to enter and edit all my data. I do not want to use excel for this. I only want to use it to view and sort information. This is for another user who wants it in a excel format.

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back