Looking for cams for dvx/ltz/kfx

JoeyLowthers

as title says. let me know of any you may know of for a reasonable price. they will be going in a mild built dvx for a female rider. i don't know these engines as well as my Rs so if you have a set, let us know where the power will be at. thanks

I think there is only the old or new style in Hotcams? I can't remember which is more aggressive and if both or only one requires upgraded valve springs. What else is done to the bike? Does is have a DRZe kit?

Your best bang for your buck is to just do the one of the cams. I can't remember off hand since its been about 4 years since I owned me. But I think its the intake cam. If you can't afford to do the DRZE upgrade, then at least put a manual cam chain tensioner on it. Those bikes love to eat cam chains. You said mild build, so I would say add the intake cam, DRZE cylinder gasket, DRZE dual valve springs, 400ex intake tube, and top it off with a YFZ450 FCR 39MM CARB ;)
Heres a pic of mine from back in the day ;)
cat2-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

If your trying to cheap out you could go with the drz exhaust cam. The old style hot cams are the more aggresive of the hot cams but havent been in production for 5+ years. .I would try to get ahold of Ron Hamp Cycles. He had some custom grounds webs that pulled hard in my old LTZ470 build. I picked up 3 horsepower with no loss after switching from yoshimura cams to his.

Heres a pic of mine

Attachments

• dune ready 014.jpg
    dune ready 014.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 14
thanks guys, one cam sounds like a great idea for her. she is on a tight budget. her bike has a piston(pump gas/not sure which one off hand),full fmf powercore, jetted/no lid, headwork(stock valves) and heavier spings installed so she could pick a more aggressive cam if she chose that route.

i think she got the exhaust system from a guy with bb/stroker, and he sold it because the header wasn't big enough. so this would lead me to believe its a tourqe system, if that helps any of you guys.

maybe the bigger intake cam is the better choice?

keep the info coming, she is still looking

Back