LPF Music Music News Bullitien!

Stenners

Tis basically to look for anything to do with music, be it new music releases, tour details or just general interest! This following my Jurassic 5 Post I think a topic like this will be pretty suitable rather then posting a new topic bout every little piece of news, feel free to add ur own story.

Let me start

Self Mutilation At Modest Mouse Gig!

On March 18th Modest Mouse played Sioux Falls, nothing that interesting there so far. It is reported (and backed up by video footage) that during Moon & Antarctica faviroute 'Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes' lead vocalist and guitarist Isaac Brock got so pissed off with the fact the mic werent working properly that he began repeadidly beating himself over the head with his mic, as if that wasn't strange and bad enough he then proceeded to display a pocket knife, Isaac then began to cut a wound in his chest before a stage hand rushed onto the stage and wrestled the knife off of Isaac, at first it was quite a struggle but then Isaac let him take it and procceded to joke in his ear. The gig did go on however with Isaac clearly dazed.

Video footage:
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_i1MlgatIIQ
You see isaac hit swing the mic into his head and display the knife to the crowd at the end, though the video quality is quite poor. You dont see the actual cutting.

Float On
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CE5LmtVGktE
Clearly dazed and with a massive blood wound on his t-shirt Isaac continues to play Modest Mouses hit 'Float On'

Maybe the most rock n roll thing to happen live for a long time.... or maybe just a publicity stunt to promote the new album?

Well I got some info for you...

Jay-z can't rap anymore...according to Timbaland...he wanted to record a song with him for Shock Value....but Jay didn't deliver good material...so he's not featured on the album.

Isaac is a hot head he was proper pissed off with the amount of feedback n **** they got in the show, then the mic stopped working on apparently 'his faviroute song' so i guess he lost the plot lol.

In other news, Audioslave finnaly decided to split................. I say good

errr also Incubus cancled a bunch of dates

QOTSA album out June with bassist from some band i dont remember lol! I will tell u more details soon!

^^ woo Rage is getting back together. I kinda like Audioslave, but Rage all the way. I really would like to go to that "re-uniting" show, but who wants to cross the border and drive down...not me!

Ultimate Guitar said:
Perhaps one of the biggest questions in the music industry was which bands were going to follow Ozzy's lead and perform on Ozzfest for free this summer. It was announced that Lamb Of God, Hatebreed and Finnish cutting edge act Lordi, will be taking the initiative of playing to thousands of metal fans at each stop as they hit the road this summer supporting fellow main stage act, Ozzy Osbourne. Confirmed yesterday for the second stage are also 3 Inches Of Blood and Daath.
Source: Ultimate Guitar (Rest Of Article In Link To Left)

Even though Ozzfest is free this year I probably won't go with this bands...

lol
Lordi is the band that won Eurovision...if you guys know what that is
and a band that enters Eurovision can't be much metal...
that song they won with wasn't metal anyway

New White Stripes album announced

On cmj.com the new White Stripes album title and track listing has been announced:
http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=33547292
Tracklist For Icky Thump:
01. Icky Thump
02. You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)
03. 300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
04. Conquest
05. Bone Broke
06. *****ly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn
07. St. Andrew (This Battle Is In The Air)
08. Little Cream Soda
09. Rag And Bone
10. I'm Slowly Turning Into You
11. A Martyr For My Love For You
12. Catch Hell Blues
13. Effect And Cause
There's no release date as yet, as far as I know.

I know this is a bout a week old but www.Blabbermouth.net has reported:

"Metallica left the comfort of HQ this week to descend upon the greater Los Angeles area to begin recording their ninth original album. This is the first time they've recorded outside of the Bay Area since they spent an eternity at One On One Studios recording the 'Black' album in '90 and '91. The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars [Ulrich, drums] who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk [Hammett, guitar] who played a solo! The big, shiny red button was finally pushed today — and the wait begins."

Metallica is beginning album recording. More can be read at Ultimate-Guitar

Hopefully it will be better than there last record >.>

New White Stripes album announced

On cmj.com the new White Stripes album title and track listing has been announced:
http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=33547292
Tracklist For Icky Thump:
01. Icky Thump
02. You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)
03. 300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
04. Conquest
05. Bone Broke
06. *****ly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn
07. St. Andrew (This Battle Is In The Air)
08. Little Cream Soda
09. Rag And Bone
10. I'm Slowly Turning Into You
11. A Martyr For My Love For You
12. Catch Hell Blues
13. Effect And Cause
There's no release date as yet, as far as I know.
It's rumored to be released on June 18th

I know this is a bout a week old but www.Blabbermouth.net has reported:

"Metallica left the comfort of HQ this week to descend upon the greater Los Angeles area to begin recording their ninth original album. This is the first time they've recorded outside of the Bay Area since they spent an eternity at One On One Studios recording the 'Black' album in '90 and '91. The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars [Ulrich, drums] who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk [Hammett, guitar] who played a solo! The big, shiny red button was finally pushed today — and the wait begins."

Metallica is beginning album recording. More can be read at Ultimate-Guitar

Hopefully it will be better than there last record >.>
if you ask me, their best stuff was recorded in denmark...

metallica just keep on going, they seem unstoppable!

the YCMB was closed for refurbishment for yellowcards upcoming album release, no new word on the album style, but mendez and sean,who are regular mods on the board, have already stated that its looking like a fusion of the concept sounds of LnS and the poprock of OA.

FOB released their new video for Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, which is pretty funny, FOB videos are always interesting to watch. Peter Wentz of FOB interviews Mark Hoppus of +44(formerly blink-182). funny moment was when he revleaed to hoppus that ryan ross's(of PATD) former email account was blinkexists@aol.com, funny stuff

i dont listen to metallica...only random tracks

metallicas life is basically music...so iono, they prolly fear retirement, sitting around with millions wasting their lives rather than living the road life where things are exciting and they can still play music to their fans and such

Back