Major Update This Week

TimesTen

I will be taking the site down for short periods of time this weekend to prepare for a software upgrade.

On Monday I will be taking the site down for most of the day to do the actual upgrade. When the site comes back up there will be some changes.
  1. There will be a new gallery. The new gallery will integrate better with the software we use for the site.
  2. 2 new styles. 1 dark and 1 light.
  3. I will be removing TapaTalk as there is some security issues with the plugin that they either refuse to fix or think the issue is not a problem. The site will still work with mobile devices so nothing lost by removing it.
  4. The site will be on a new more powerful server.
I'll keep this thread updated with the progress. This is a major upgrade and while I don't expect any problems anything could happen that is why I am allowing a full day to complete it. I have done this on another site and with no problems it took a little over an hour.

Site is upgraded and moved to the new server. I apologize for the downtime.

The style we had was not compatible so I will be adding 2 new styles after I get all the bugs worked out from the upgrade. There will be one dark and 1 light and both of them will be the same except for color changes.

For now the only style that works is the default xenforo style.

If they fix the problem with users bypassing registration and the security issue that was reported to them then I'll add it back.

For now I can't risk the site being compromised.

Back