MHTML links break in IE8, works most of the time in IE9

F

FourierSeries

Hi,
I've created some SSRS reports that have embedded hyperlinks, that link between the different reports. The SSRS reports are stored as MHTML files and opened in Internet Explorer. Now in IE8, I've noticed that occasionally that when I click on a link, it brings me to the page but doesn't load it. The URL is correct but the page is blank. Selecting the URL and pressing Enter will load it correctly, but the problem persists when you starting using the links again.
I've observed that hovering over the link just before this bug occurs, IE adds something to the URL that causes this, it looks something like:
MHTML:file://<URL of the current page>!x-usc:<URL of the page that the link takes you to>
Normally the link looks like this, and the bug doesn't happen:
file://<URL of the page that the link takes you to>
So my question is, why does this x-usc thing get inserted and how can I remedy this? It doesn't happen in IE9 unless I use the back button in the broswer, but I can live with that. Unfortunately I cannot use IE9 due to compatibility issues with other sites. I've tried adding the file location as Trusted, fiddling with security settings but to no avail.
Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back