Microsoft Forefront Client Security issue preventing successful installation of W7 SP1

M

Mauricio Schneck

Since July 2011 the windows update is trying to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) without success. It always report the following message:
“Service pack installation can't continue
Software installed on this computer isn't compatible with the service pack. Click the link for more information about this problem.
After the problem is resolved, restart the installation.
Microsoft Forefront Client Security - your version of this program may prevent successful installation of this service pack.
Go online for details”

The link takes me online to the following help page:
“Why am I receiving a message about Microsoft Security Essentials or Microsoft Forefront Client Security when installing a service pack?
...Microsoft Forefront Client Security
1. Find out if Microsoft Forefront Client Security is installed on your computer by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Programs, clicking Uninstall a program.
(No, the Microsoft Forefront Client Security is NOT installed on my computer!)
2. If Microsoft Forefront Client Security Antimalware Service, Microsoft Forefront Client Security State Assessment Service, or Microsoft Forefront Client Security appear in the list, Microsoft Forefront Client Security is installed on your computer. Check the version number to make sure the FCS v1 update or later is installed. To do this, click View installed updates in the left pane, then review the items under the Microsoft Windows heading to see if Update 2394433 was installed. If the correct version isn't installed, go to step 3. (Or, if Microsoft Forefront Client Security Antimalware Service, Microsoft Forefront Client Security State Assessment Service, or Microsoft Forefront Client Security don't appear in the list, skip the rest of this article.)
(Ok, I skip the rest of this article, and do what??? There is a fail on this instruction!)
3. Contact your network administrator for assistance, or go to the Microsoft Forefront Client Security antimalware article on the Microsoft website for instructions on installing the Forefront Client Security update.
4. Install or uninstall Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 by following the steps you were using before the error message appeared.”

I even tried the Update the Microsoft Forefront Client Security (KB2394433), without any change.
There is 6 months with a lot of losing time searching the web, articles, and even writing to Microsoft without any solution that could fix the problem. I hope someone can return my message and help me with this issue.
Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back