missing person

dtracer70

got this off another forum im on and i know there are a bunch of guys on here in AZ

URGENT* lost person please read....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, Never done this before but, especially with a needle in this size of haystack, but I've have seen this board do some amazing things so I gotta try.............

Just got a call from a buddy of mine from Topeka. He's in or near hwy 25 by Sante Fe New Mexico looking for his father...... Bare with me trying to remember what he told me on the phone................ Basically my buddy Daves dad, "Larry", has had an issue with medications and has gone missing. They pinged his cell and tracked him stationary near Sante Fe until his cell went dead. He's still, or was coherent enough to drive and have an idea where/what he's doing. He can carry on a short conversation with ya and make sense. But if anyone would talk to him for an extended period of time they would realize something aint right. Authorities have have been contacted.

He mentioned going to Phoenix at some point that Dave remembers thus the direction of search, and the confirming cell phone pings. The truck he's in was stationary on 25 for awhile and Dave loaded up his truck and trailer to go get him but now he's gone again. He has/had a bunch of tools in his truck that maybe he could sell off for fuel to get him going again. By the time they made the trip to get him he was gone from last known location. And like I said, cell is now dead and he doesn't have his chargers.

Truck is a 02' Dodge, regular cab, short box, half ton that silver/grey in color. Has a hard cover on the bed. Kansas plate but I don't have the numbers yet.

If anyone in the are could happen to help in anyway, or perhaps sees the truck parked anywhere. please call Dave at 785 640 6506. he's in the area now 12 hours from home with his sister suburban and a trailer. Thought they had him found and he got on the move again some how. Will pass any/all info I can when I can. Thanks in advance.............

update....
Re: *URGENT* lost person please read....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No luck finding him yet but a small update. He was seen on I 25 south sitting at an onramp waiting on road side assistance to help him with fuel. He had made comments about Phoenix so using that, we're assuming a path of 25 south to Albuqurque NM, then onto I-40 west towards Az. Again just assuming here but it's believed by the family that he is at a point that he will be pawning what tools he has in his truck to get fuel money to continue on his way. My buddy knows him (obviously it's his dad) and knows he will stay close to the interstates as he makes his way. Dave and family are now heading south on 25 watching and looking all the way. OH, also he mentioned at some point about just jumpin on a train to go too. Not sure where that will play in but theres Amtracs that go that way also I guess. Don't know.

Thanks again for everything. Back with ANY and ALL info as I get it.............

1982 Buick Regal. True backhalf, 9", 4 link, twin turbo 354" Buick.

“You can rest assured of one thing,” Ingersoll added. “I didn’t throw any race. I was racing him and if I hadn’t burned up my clutch I would have beat his ass.” (Buddy on racing Glidden in Bristol.)

My thoughts and prayers are with your buddy as he tries to locate his father. That's got to be a scary time not knowing!!

Im always out opn the road for work, ill keep my eyes open in the Phoenix area. I know he can catch a train in Flagstaff, if he was on I-40 he has to go through there then hit I17 south to Phoenix.

Back