Moto-Xperts any good?

ridingred

Just wondering if anybody has any personal knowledge about this company. They are kind of local to me and i was going to have them do some shock work, but one of my friends has had a couple run ins. He had his shocks built by them a year ago and they started leaking oil shortly after. He called them up to see about some sort of warranty and Toby said that they did not put new seals in when they did the rebuild on the shocks, he also mentioned that they can't be warrantied because shocks need rebuilt every year anyway. Well, my friend only rides like 10 times a year so he sent his shocks back to Toby. 5 weeks later Toby tells my buddy that they ordered the wrong part and were waiting on it to finish the shocks. Also, my buddy is now going to get a bill for parts and he had to pay the shipping to have them sent over. Anybody else have any poor experiences with these guys? I don't want to rule them out because i've heard they do exceptional work, but the only first hand reference i have is not a good one.

If somebody holds on to my shocks for a month I'd be going through withdrawls, lol especially if they don't have the parts to fix it pretty quickly.

Just wondering if anybody has any personal knowledge about this company. They are kind of local to me and i was going to have them do some shock work, but one of my friends has had a couple run ins. He had his shocks built by them a year ago and they started leaking oil shortly after. He called them up to see about some sort of warranty and Toby said that they did not put new seals in when they did the rebuild on the shocks, he also mentioned that they can't be warrantied because shocks need rebuilt every year anyway. Well, my friend only rides like 10 times a year so he sent his shocks back to Toby. 5 weeks later Toby tells my buddy that they ordered the wrong part and were waiting on it to finish the shocks. Also, my buddy is now going to get a bill for parts and he had to pay the shipping to have them sent over. Anybody else have any poor experiences with these guys? I don't want to rule them out because i've heard they do exceptional work, but the only first hand reference i have is not a good one.

If somebody holds on to my shocks for a month I'd be going through withdrawls, lol especially if they don't have the parts to fix it pretty quickly.
Its gonna depend on the shock builder. Some warranty and some don't. Moto-Xperts makes some killer engines for the GNCC guys from what I understand. But I have also heard bad things about them.

i'm highly considering jet, i see their suspension all over the XC bikes, and i know they do a great job, but i just wanted to hear some of the other folks out if they have ever used motoxperts or not. I do know they can build a mean motor, not necessarily a drag motor, but a damm good gncc or MX motor which is more my style.

Not sure on their suspension work...but I saw a Moto-Xperts 501 run this past weekend at the drags and it hauled the bacon. I think Toby knows what he's doin with engines...maybe not so much with suspension?

Back