MSE window does not close after scan

E

Elizabeth23

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-a-full/e82c9444-8c64-448a-b831-f95c0a509ee8

I read this post, and it seems like it is not a problem.
However, No reply was given to PA Bear's questions.
If it is pertinent to the solution, for my own system,
Latest MSE version available with all definition updates,
No other antivirus, clean install, with check for Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro and any other antivirus in registry and add/remove before MSE installation.,
All updates listed in your question are installed except for KB2619339 and KB2618451, as a futher note I must not need these two on my system as I have checked the update site regularly custom scan and there are no current updates available.

This window not closing is intermittent.
I am not sure what action the original poster did, I just open MSE again and then close it and the window closes.
Also, it might have to do with the screensaver being on. I have mine set to NONE after 20 min. While I do a scan I generally go do something else.
Then I move my mouse to view the desktop again.
I can not say that it happens everytime due to the screensaver, only that I have noticed at one time or another.

Again not a problem as I am able to close window, just wondering if the questions needed an answer for any proposed solutions to MSE builders.

Thanks. Running ie8, xp pro, 32bit, Dell Dimension 3000. MSE, Mbam, spybot, installed. Full scans run on a clean boot, no threats.

Continue reading...

Back