MultiPoint 2011: GPO for multiple home pages in IE8 not working correctly

A

AJSCH1061

Hello,
The following issue is one which I have previously posted to several other forums. The folks in the Group Policy forum told me to redirect it to the Windows MultiPoint Server forum, but seeing as how I haven't gotten any answers there after a week or so, I figured I should post it here too. So here goes...
I have some Windows MultiPoint 2011 servers being used in a lab/classroom environment, and I am using Group Policy to tweak quite a few settings. One setting that the lab instructors have asked me to add involves setting multiple home page tabs in IE8. I'm trying to do this via User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Disable changing secondary home page settings.
I've added the two home pages I want users to be directed to upon launching IE8, and that part is working as both the tabs are showing up. However, a third (and primary) tab that opens up is one that has http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157 set as its home page, which then redirects to MSN.com. I have not set this as a home page in any of my GPO's settings, so does anyone know why and/or how it's getting applied?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Alex

Continue reading...

Back