My mouse freezes periodically

A

Angela2jtt

I can still use the keyboard when the mouse freezes. Download of MSE fixed it and found two trojans. When it froze again, the scan did not find any viruses but it still frees up the mouse after reboot. What can I do to stop it from freezing? It's an old mouse, the kind that plugs into the mouse port on the back of the computer. The trojans removed by MSE were 1) Trojan:Java/Clagent.B and 2) Tojan Downloader: Java/Cethry.A
Things I have tried;
1) turn computer off, unplug and replug mouse, reboot -doesn't work (and various versions of this with another mouse in the same port)
2) device manager does not show any mouse properties under hardware, but I can not install a mouse driver using the wizard, there is no option for that.
3) system restore works temporarily

The problem first occurred before I loaded MSE. I had Malwarebytes and McAfee on my computer when the problem first appeared. After
down loading MSE, I deleted McAfee using the uninstaller but have not deleted antimalware bytes yet. I'm thinking the trojans might not have
been completely removed. It doesn't seem like a problem with the mouse because it works fine when not frozen.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back