My Win 7 PC just will not boot

M

manishd_2000

Yesterday my PC just stopped working while I was in the middle of something. And now everytime it comes up with a screen in black and white which says

"Windows Boot Manager"
A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
If you have a Windows installation disc, insert the disc and restart your computer. Click "Repair your computer," and then choose a recovery tool.
Otherwise, to start windows so you can investigate further, press the ENTER key to display the boot menu, press F8 for Advanced Boot Options, and select last known good. If you understand why the digital signature cannot be verified and want to start Windows without this file, temporarily disable driver signature enforcement.
File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.
When I press Enter=Continue I get the option of choose an operating system to start
Here I choose Windows and when that finishes, the computer restarts and the above screen comes up.
I have tried to boot it from a XP installation disc to try and see if I can overwrite and install a new OS as I do not have Win 7 installation disc and in that event it ends with a Blue screen of death.
Will appreciate if someone can suggest how I could get the system to boot up.
Thanks.
Manish

Continue reading...

Back