Nebraska man charged for stuffing cat in bong

ImWithStupid

Now even Dr. Seuss wouldn't do this to a cat...

Nebraska man charged for stuffing cat in bong

By Associated Press | Monday, March 2, 2009 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Central

Photo by AP

OMAHA, Neb. ? A man who tried to cool out his hyper cat by stuffing her into a boxlike homemade bong faces cruelty charges ? and catcalls from animal lovers.

Lancaster County sheriff?s deputies responding to a domestic disturbance call Sunday alleged they saw 20-year-old Acea Schomaker smoking marijuana through a piece of garden hose attached to a duct-taped, plastic glass box in which the cat had been stuffed.

"This cat was just dazed," Sgt. Andy Stebbing said. "She was on the front seat of the cop car, wrapped in a blanket, and never moved all the way to the humane society."

Schomaker told deputies 6-month-old Shadow was hyper and he was trying to calm her down. The contraption she had been stuffed inside was 12 inches by 6 inches. Shadow was timid but in good condition Monday at the Capital Humane Society, executive director Bob Downey said.

"What the human mind doesn?t invent, huh?" Downey said.

Schomaker was cited for misdemeanor animal cruelty and paid a $400 fine. He also faces drug charges. He did not immediately respond to phone messages left Monday seeking comment.
Nebraska man charged for stuffing cat in bong - BostonHerald.com

Last edited by a moderator:
About 20 years ago, my cousin had just recently gotten married, and on an icy night, as his wife was driving home, she spun out on some ice and was killed by oncoming traffic. My cousin was devastated. Being young and newly married, he gave custody of their infant son to his wife's family because he just didn't have the capacity to care for him and they were grieving for their daughter who had passed away. Never really heard much about what happened with my second cousin Acea afterwards, until my aunt told me about this the other day. God he looks so much like his dad. It's too bad I had to see the recent picture in a news article about him getting a cat high.

WOW!

Bender said:
About 20 years ago, my cousin had just recently gotten married, and on an icy night, as his wife was driving home, she spun out on some ice and was killed by oncoming traffic. My cousin was devastated. Being young and newly married, he gave custody of their infant son to his wife's family because he just didn't have the capacity to care for him and they were grieving for their daughter who had passed away. Never really heard much about what happened with my second cousin Acea afterwards, until my aunt told me about this the other day. God he looks so much like his dad. It's too bad I had to see the recent picture in a news article about him getting a cat high.

WOW!

Wait, so the son is supposedly who this is? Seriously?

He is my second cousin, names pronounced "A-SUH", like the character from "ONE LIFE TO LIVE" that his mom named him for. Last time I saw a picture of him, he was like 2 or 3 I think and had real lite blonde hair. His (adoptive) family used to live in Onawa Iowa, don't know if they still do or not, I'd have to ask his dad, but yep, has the same eyes and lips and hair line of his dad. I'll have to see if I have a pic of my cousin around somewhere and upload it. Damn they look alot alike. Always has. I remember when I saw his pictures back then he even looked like his dad did when his dad was a baby.

I'm not really sure what to say about him getting a cat stoned except...like father, like son. :D

Bender said:
He is my second cousin, names pronounced "A-SUH", like the character from "ONE LIFE TO LIVE" that his mom named him for. Last time I saw a picture of him, he was like 2 or 3 I think and had real lite blonde hair. His (adoptive) family used to live in Onawa Iowa, don't know if they still do or not, I'd have to ask his dad, but yep, has the same eyes and lips and hair line of his dad. I'll have to see if I have a pic of my cousin around somewhere and upload it. Damn they look alot alike. Always has. I remember when I saw his pictures back then he even looked like his dad did when his dad was a baby.

I'm not really sure what to say about him getting a cat stoned except...like father, like son. :D

Sheesh, smack him for me then. That's animal abuse.

Like I said, I haven't seen him since he was a baby. I wouldn't even know where he lives, as far as I know it's in Lincoln somewhere. Hell I don't think his dad even knows. He hasn't really been a part of his life much, but I know my aunt (his grandma) stays in touch with his family.

Bender said:
Like I said, I haven't seen him since he was a baby. I wouldn't even know where he lives, as far as I know it's in Lincoln somewhere. Hell I don't think his dad even knows. He hasn't really been a part of his life much, but I know my aunt (his grandma) stays in touch with his family.

Excuses, excuses... I blame YOU!!!:D

Old post, but just had to bump, took me forever and I had to consult an old friend in Iowa to find picks, but for the comparison

Father and son

View attachment 2281

View attachment 2282

View attachment 2283

Very old pictures of his dad, like from back in the Late 80's/Early 90's, obviously the pic with the long hair is the late 80's one. :D

But damn, do they look alot alike or what?

Attachments

• deff2acf08dfec43cf240b26348d37ac.jpg
    deff2acf08dfec43cf240b26348d37ac.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 0e9f0a566553835c590457579b772be9.jpg
    0e9f0a566553835c590457579b772be9.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 4fc95ff12714d50865a7500d3460be8a.jpg
    4fc95ff12714d50865a7500d3460be8a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 10
That's Shiela. Our nick name for her is Goofy. Haven't seen her in ages either. But I might pop in on her when I'm on vacation, seeeings how I'll be in the city she lives in anyway.

Back