Need help fast race tomarrow!

Loud450man

Hey guys anyone have any idea why my DWT beadlocks wont hold air? the bolts are super tight, clean sealing surfaces, valve stem are new aswell. anything below like 6psi they loose its really starting to make me mad i hate to put slime in a brand new rim but i will if need be.

lol idk i sprayed water and widow cleaner all around the rim,bead and valve stem cant find any leaks at all

Have an air compressor on stand by! Mine will lose some pressure after like 2-3 days but don't go completely flat.. always handy to be able to add air 5 mins before a moto.

I powdered my rims and they do that now. Pump em up every 2 weeks theres nothin else you can do. The leak is probably slow enough that when you put em in water you won't see air bubbles. It probably leaks an air bubble every 20 minutes or something really slow that you'd never have the patience to wait for.

I had to run a bead of RTV on a new set of Hipers before. And I had to run RTV on numerous sets of used Hipers and used DWT Shamrocks also.

I would get bead sealer. Works great for slow bead leaks.

I suggest getting some Mr Bubbles bubble bath. Mix it 1 part Mr Bubbles and 3 parts water. Use a spray bottle and soak the beads. The mixture will show a leak better than a tub will in most cases.

Dunk them in water again and check for air bubbles around the lug holes. I have had a couple of the new DWT beadlocks where the welded seam had a few pin holes and caused a small leak. (The seam at the cener of the rim where they weld the two halves together.) I just smeared some silicone on the seam and that sealed them up.

Doug

ok ill try that , im not In any hurry because I crashed hard at the race and am out for like 6 weeks anyways lol

Back