Need your advice about dropping out of school... :(

LÎnkinPärkExtreme

Hey everyone,

Well... I really wanted to focus on my education, but seems like my future for having one has gone down the drain. :( Here's why..

I currently live in a small town, which only has 2 main high schools (1 of them is private), and about 4 primary schools. I currently go to 1 of the high schools (the public 1) and I have been having a lot of problems with the teachers there... And kids. The teachers treat me like ****, they don't respect me 1 little bit, and I was away from english for 1 lesson a month or so ago and my english teacher just put me on a modified program because he couldn't be stuffed to go back and see what I missed out ON! :confused: anyway... I just decided I couldn't take it anymore after having several interviews with the principle. I decided to look In at TAFE considering I'm the legal age to go there which is 14 years and 9 months... And they told me the options I had but none were involving any computer education what so ever and I really want to do something involving around the technology area because It's 1 of those subjects I'm strong at.

Anyway.. So I went to the department of education, and had a interview with 1 of the people there... and they said I only really had 3 choices which were go back to the same problem (high school) or TAFE... Or Home Schooling which my parents / me don't want to do. And there is no transport to get me to the town which is 40km away... No Bus/Train (That Supports The School Times)/car pool.

I haven't been going to school ever since those meetings, and I'm completely stuck :'( And I'm probably going to receive a visit from the police soon... Cuz I haven't gone. The school policy states that If a student Is away for more then 2 days that they "MUST" ring home and see what the problem is, but they haven't shows how much they care about my future! :eek: So yeah, anyway I'm completely lost to what 2 do... Can you guys suggest something for me please or help me out In anyway?

Regards,
Winter :)

I'm glad that you went to TRY and sort stuff out with the authorities. Even though they were of no help, at least you tried. I can see that you want to receive education, and it is very important for you to do so. I guess that highschool you're currently attending to really sucks, but are there no way of return? If it's really that bad, then I would say go to the other highschool. Even if there are no computer education, at least you can receive good education and make friends. And hopefully the teachers aren't ****. You can always look into outside courses for computer education if you really want to go into that. And once you've got your life settled, everything would start sorting out itself. So find a place to dock, then the rest would eventually turn better. :)

Good luck

sigh that sux, my guess is go back to school. its only a few years . after school u get ur life back and if they treat u like ****, give the **** back

I'm glad that you went to TRY and sort stuff out with the authorities. Even though they were of no help, at least you tried. I can see that you want to receive education, and it is very important for you to do so. I guess that highschool you're currently attending to really sucks, but are there no way of return? If it's really that bad, then I would say go to the other highschool. Even if there are no computer education, at least you can receive good education and make friends. And hopefully the teachers aren't ****. You can always look into outside courses for computer education if you really want to go into that. And once you've got your life settled, everything would start sorting out itself. So find a place to dock, then the rest would eventually turn better. :)

Good luck
The problem with the other high school is its a private 1 and u have to pay something like $140,000 a year or something! and I can't afford that, and with the TAFE... It's not just the no computer subject thing not being there, it's the other subjects that they teach That I'm not intersted in what so ever, and If I return to school... And walk into the class room I get "REJECTED" straight away and stuffed into detention all day. Believe It or not I got 2 days suspension for saying the word "Crap" and I hear the teachers say the F, C, B words all the time! So I'm really at a lost to what to do :( I wish I was In Melbourne or at least have a car to get to another school!

Oh, that's not good. I think you should consult your parents as well. And you have to weigh out your pros and cons. Would going to a private school balance out your years of suffering? Or could you perhaps live with it? And most of all, try to maintain a positive attitude that would help you in difficulty.

Oh, that's not good. I think you should consult your parents as well. And you have to weigh out your pros and cons. Would going to a private school balance out your years of suffering? Or could you perhaps live with it? And most of all, try to maintain a positive attitude that would help you in difficulty.
I have consulted my mom :) , And shes leaving it up to me... she will support me whatever decision I do :) But I just need everyones input here to help me out.

You have to somehow try to get a high school degree,in america at least if you don't have a degree or at least a GED you're going nowhere in life

You have to somehow try to get a high school degree,in america at least if you don't have a degree or at least a GED you're going nowhere in life
Yeah I know, I was thinking about holding my education off til I was at least 16 and I could save up for my motorbike and get my L's so i will be able to ride to school :) But other then that, I can't think of any other things to do.

Yeah I know, I was thinking about holding my education off til I was at least 16 and I could save up for my motorbike and get my L's so i will be able to ride to school :) But other then that, I can't think of any other things to do.

That might be a decent option if it's possible

Don't drop out under any circumstances.
Your future is more important than what you're going thorough right now.
Deal with it, and everything should eventually get better.

If you drop out, you'll be the loser here... so don't do it.
-person

Don't drop out under any circumstances.
Your future is more important than what you're going thorough right now.
Deal with it, and everything should eventually get better.

If you drop out, you'll be the loser here... so don't do it.
-person
Did I point out I was ganged up by the whole school on the oval? (600 or so kids) just laughing at me being out numbered to defend myself. And If I say 1 little thing out of line... they will take it a different way, lie to there mates and just find a place to find me and punch me or something after school.

i left school at 14 because off bullies and i now clean hotel rooms, i wish i'd stayed in school because i would have a better job and would earn more money. take it from someone with experiance, stay in school or you will regret it.
Well There's no way I can stay at that school, If I can't even step 1 foot into a classroom :eek: So would it be that bad to hold my education for a year? I'm In Year 9 now...

if your gonna stay off school for a year make sure you can study at home. ask your teachers for some work to do at home, at least then your still learning something and when you go back it wont be as hard to catch up.

Yeah I agree

I've been in this situation 2 years ago....and I actually dropped out of school...

and well I kinda regret it...

maybe take a break and try to go back then

Thats such ****, how dare those teachers join in the bullying! i think you should take up the case of those teacherd joining in to a higher power like the minstry of education! Then once your teachers have been proven to be at fault the ministry of education would have to find you a good replacement school to go to no matter how far it is.

but, if you dont do that then the best thing i can recommend is you going back to school and go WELL! the only way to get back at them is if you SUCEED! thats all i can really say.

or maybe you could do what im in right now. home tutoring, not like homeschool. its went you go to tutors houses and they teach you up for the exams and stuff!

Hey everyone, I would of replied sooner but the internet in around Melbourne went down for about 1 - 2 hours this morning lol so I just fell asleep, But thanks for all the replies. I did some thinking... And 1 of you guys pointed out getting some work from school and doing it at home If I take a year off, and I think that would be fantastic, But only problem It might be hard to get that happening cuz they might call it distance education which is only really for disability students and the work load is much more strict. Jeezy: - You said you dropped out, how was your experience and do you regret all of it?

And Sygy - You said take it to the ministry of education, well That's a thought but It's just me against all the teachers and they would probably look for other kids resulting to the same problem, in other words they will find it hard to believe if it's just me... if that makes sence.

But thanks again for everyone who has replied. :)

Back