New deftones album

Breakdown Conspiracy

For those who like the deftones or know who they are atleast:

"
Deftones are currently in the studio writing/recording their upcoming release which will be the first album produced entirely by Deftones. This will be their 6th studio album. As of December 7th (2007) roughly 6 to 8 songs are finished and the album is expected to be released in the fall of 2008. In an interview on Melodic.net, Chino stated: "The last two records have been a lot more impersonal," Moreno continued. "Once we started using computers, it got super impersonal. Everybody would come in separately and do their parts. We looked back to our sophomore album, where we wrote and recorded it and mixed it in four months, and that's still one of my favorite records we've ever done. We want to work in that way [again], all together in one room, and we just play everything until it's memorized, and then we'll record it live. That's what we did with our first records.".

Moreno stated that this album would be more up-tempo (as far as the drumming), going on to say that the past couple of albums have been more mid-tempo and that Abe Cunningham has been playing fast as of late. He also referred to the album as being "snappy". Moreno stated in an interview that the process for this album would be more raw and simplified after dissatisfaction with the long and "pieced-together" experience of recording Saturday Night Wrist.
In a recent article in Kerrang magazine Chino had this to say: "The songs are definitely weird, which is a breath of fresh air to me. I haven't been playing guitar on these new songs so Steph (Carpenter, guitar) has taken up the helm and that's worked out really well. He's been very creative has been writing very weird, melodic stuff. That's great because I want the album to be as weird as we can possibly make it without completely alienating people. If I had to compare it to any of our records, then I think it probably reminds me of White Pony the most. There's a lot of atmosphere and a lot of soundscaping. I couldn't feel better about it at the moment." "In fact, I'd say that our working relationship is better than it's ever been before. As a result, everything has improved, our friendships and our lives. We're all really happy now. Over the last few years, a lot of the band members have had a few problems- divorces, money problems, life- and it has just been an unhappy time. We've all come out of that now. I hate to talk like its all rainbows and sunshine over here, but it is!" Having rediscovered our friendships, everything became worthwhile again. Every day just gets better and better now."
On January 14th, Chino posted an instrumental electronic beat that sounds similar to Team Sleep titled "You've Seen The Butcher" on the Deftones myspace and announced in a bulletin that the album would be called "Eros"."
Source: wikipedia among others

i know im happy

link please?

but yeah, if he's 100% correct about how it will be, it's good news. it's good to see them go into all directions and not make just three albums in a row of all the same material

Back