New Owner

Shots

I would like to introduce myself to the community. I am the new owner of LinkinParkForums. I purchased the community from coredump this morning. My name is Bob and I've been running forums since 1996. Some forums I've owned over the years include http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/ and http://extremetechsupport.com. The first I sold and the second I still own. There are many others, but, most of them have since closed.

Over the course of the next few weeks I will be changing the forum and gallery software. No data will be lost when I do this. There will be some downtime, but, it will be minimal. When the migration is complete you'll notice a fresh new look and more modern features.

Other than the software changes everything will remain the same. I do plan to email everyone and let them know LPF is back. I also plan to promote the site and bring in more traffic which will bring in more users.

If you have contact with any of the members you can let them LPF is back.

If you have any questions ask away. I'm not shy.

I was actually looking at making an offer to buy the site a couple years ago. I never did and when the opportunity came to buy it now I did.

Previous owner never approached me. I should have been more proactive I guess.

Anyway, what were the 2 live shows you saw?

Got your email. Thanks for the kind words. If you happen to be interested in some sort of partnership let me know.

To your question the first time I seen them my son took me. It was at the University of Chicago Circle Campus. I don't remember the year. It was a few years ago. The second time was last year at the music center in Tinley Park. I took my son to that one.

If they come to Chicago, Indiana or Southern Wisconsin again I will be there. I think they played in Milwaukee at Summerfest one year when I was there. I could be wrong though. There was much beer and tequila involved on that trip so I didn't pay much attention to who was on stage.

February 1, 2002 at the UIC Pavilion and August 29, 2014 at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre.

You got to see the band during two completely different eras. My first live show wasn't until 2008.

I have a question, what is it that made you interested in coming here and reviving the site? Was there anything in particular that drew you to this site or was it just a convenient url? Either way, good stuff. Glad to see some life being pumped back into what was the most important website of my teenage years.

I've been a Linkin Park fan for a while and I stumbled on this site last year. I tried to join, but, registration was broke. I remember thinking I'd like to buy the site. I didn't ask about it then. When it came available I decided I was going to buy it. I would like to see the community get back to where it was. With the problems with the registration system there were no new users for a while. I hope to change that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back