new tour after album?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Linkin DJ Plants "Seed"
August 9, 2005

Steve Baltin
Rolling Stone

With Linkin Park in the midst of a public contract dispute with Warner Music Group, the band's DJ Joseph Hahn has been exploring his second love: filmmaking. Hahn, who has been behind the camera for almost all of the band's award-winning videos, recently directed a short film, The Seed, which he hopes to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival next January.

Filmed over four days in downtown Los Angeles, the action-heavy short, which stars actor Will Yun Lee (Torque, Die Another Day), centers on a homeless war veteran and the blurred lines between what's real and what's imagined. The story was conceived by Hahn and his writing partner Chris Denham -- the pair have two feature films in development, titled King Rat and Kung Fu High School -- over the course of one night at Hahn's house. "We discussed the story and realized we had to do it," says Hahn. "This gives me a chance to get my hands wet, while doing [the other films] on my own terms."

Given how difficult it is to get short films seen in the States -- only a few cable networks, including Sundance and the Independent Film Channel, are supportive of the art form -- Hahn plans to share The Seed online. "Through my short career as a video director, I've gained a lot of fans," he says. "I definitely want to make it easily available to all of them. So I'll give it to some people to post on their sites, and I might post it myself."

But Linkin Park, who are in the early stages of writing the follow-up to 2003's chart-topping Meteora, are Hahn's top priority. "That comes first," he says. "Linkin Park has to get back in the studio and go on tour."

As for a timetable, the band may preview new songs around the U.S. next summer. "We love playing," Hahn says. "So we just have to make a good record, and hopefully people will come out again."

Read what is in bold. Does that mean when Linkin Park finishes their next album which is expected to release in summer of 2006, that they will go on tour again? What do you guys think?

Hahaha, of course they will go on tour. It would be a stupid move not too. I'd be more out of business in trading LP bootlegs than I am now, if they didn't, lol.

Lock this thread please.
That's a really stupid question. Why would LP make an album and not ****ing tour? LOL

They'll tour before the album, they'll tour when the album is released, and they'll tour for over a year after the album is released.

Yes they'll tour. Duh.

Why would anybody lock a thread because you think its stupid. who cares if they will, im asking wut ppl think about this also

No they wont. They'll play in their backyard and record that, put it on the internet every now and then.

Blaze said:
Why would anybody lock a thread because you think its stupid. who cares if they will, im asking wut ppl think about this also
Its stupid! God gave you eyes, and he said that they'll go ON TOUR AFTER THE ALBUM.

You do the math,

Chris said:
Its stupid! God gave you eyes, and he said that they'll go ON TOUR AFTER THE ALBUM.

You do the math,
oh just shut the **** up

All of you stfu, have a drink, and sit down.

Now, there is no evidence to deny or approve a tour. Sure, more than likely there will be one, but there's no reason to argue about it. Its the mod's discretion to lock this topic, and they will if they beleive it should be.

Now, like I said, I beleive they will tour, considering the past, and the fact that all bands tour to promote thier albums in most cases, lol.

And like a wise man once said "Let's keep these forums a peaceful and friendly place"

Which totally goes againt the additude some of you regularly display.

Ight man. But we dont need this thread anymore so it should be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back