Obama says he'll accept Nobel as 'call to action'

N

NewsBot

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A beaming President Barack Obama said Friday he was both honored and humbled to win the Nobel Peace Prize and would accept it as a "call to action" to work with other nations to solve the world's most pressing problems....

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE

Read the full story.

It's official. The Nobel Peace Prize is now equal to this other "major award"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mjruvE310Y"]YouTube - A Christmas Story - leg lamp[/ame]

The Constitution of the United States - Article 1 said:
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.

If you look at the list of folks he beat out, it’s easy to see how Obama won this award. Does this mean that Obama will win the NL & AL Cy Young Awards as well as the MVP of the NFL. All this means that my Aunt Thelma’s 1st Place Prize for her Peach Cobbler now has more credibility and prestige than the Nobel prize.

More like a "call to pacifism and continued campaigning for '12".

The "Land of the Free" is quickly turning into the "Land of the Media Ops and Sound Bites". :(

That leg lamp is pretty freaking cool.

I got my dad one for Christmas a buncha years back :)

Clearly the winner should have been Amadinijad for ending the violence in the streets of Tehran after his landslide election.

Attachments

• 1ce296693b5116df79a901a17af606f2.gif
    1ce296693b5116df79a901a17af606f2.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
Back