Office 2010 Pro Plus won't activate properly

A

Andy.OConnor

One of our users computers has an installation of Office 2010 that is saying it is not activated. I have taken steps to try and fix this to no avail.

-When I click on the "Activate Now" button it takes me to a screen to input the Key. I paste the key in, and the I get the green check mark saying it is a valid key.
-I hit OK, and it takes me to the next page asking if I want a full installation or custom one. (Note: Office is already fully installed on their machine and has been in user for the past 3-4 weeks already, theoretically with the key inputted at install.)
-I hit Full Install and it takes about 30 seconds to do some configuration changes (not sure what)
-When I return to Word (or Excel, or Powerpoint, etc.) it says I may have to restart the client for changes to take effect.
-I've restarted both the program and computer multiple times, and the activation will never take.

I've attempted these steps multiple times to no avail.

This is a multi-volume license that is being used on at least a dozen other computers with no problems. It has been installed on machines before, as well as after, this machine with no issues.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back