Outlook 2010 Start-up Problems

K

KellyS OC

I bought a new PC last month with Office 2010 Pro and all was working fine until today. I am on a business consulting engagement w/a company and tried to set up an Outlook email account to access my new Exchange ID on their corp domain. Things didn't go well, and now when I try to open Outlook I can't. I get the following message:
"Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a dat file to send and receive messages cannot be found. Check your setting in Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel. Click User Accounts, and then click Mail. Click Show Profiles, select this profile, and then click properties."
I did all that, ensured that my mail accounts and files were okay (went through "Repair" and all is good), but still can't get in. I also tried the Office Repair option, but that didn't help either.
My guess is that during the process of trying to set up an Exchange connection something got hosed. But there is no exchange email account that I can see.
Any thoughts?

Continue reading...

Back