Parental Issues

ugur90

Well I havent been talking to my dad for 2 weeks..here is how it started
I'm going to university next year in America away from my parents. My parents argue that I don't spend enough
time with them or share enough with them. I like my alone time but I don't mind chilling
with them except everytime I do they either talk about university stuff, put me on the
spot and interrogate me about stuff, or compare me to other kids who's parents they know
Plus I wanna add that my parents have never tried to be my friend they never tried to
see the things that I'm interested in, music I listen to, things I watch, what I read.
I had prom last week and I came back in the morning. I told them everything I did except
who I danced with because if i told the name they would act really immaturely and make fun of me
and because of my dad my dad got really stingy and like when I asked what he bought from
the store he was like "I dont answer questions that easily" and after that I was pretty
pissed and havent been talking to him in 2 days. My older brother called me saying my
dad cried on the phone because he doesnt know what he's done wrong and why I dont talk to them and my bro said if I hurt my parents then he'll hurt me
I'm not gonna come out and say sorry because I'm pretty sure its at least half their fault. I watched a soccer
game with my dad today but we didnt really talk just reactionary stuff. I still talk with my mom though. What advice wud u guys give.

Maybe you should tell them what you've told us here; tell them what you said about them being like your friends rather than just nagging.Tell them you want to enjoy your last year with them before you go to Uni.

Hope that helps mate :)

The good thing is that they are trying to bond with you. Maybe they just don't know how to. Just tell them what you feel. If anything they say bother you, then tell them. Don't keep in the frustration and build up the anger. You'll probably miss them when you're away for University (congrats on that btw) so don't leave the house with a bad atmosphere. I'm sure you guys will be able to sort things out. As long as both sides try, it won't be difficult.

duuuuude that soubds so much like my dad it just aint true lol
I do they either talk about university stuff, put me on the
spot and interrogate me about stuff, or compare me to other kids who's parents they know

all the way my dad, well not anymore he used to be like that and pretty badly. well my advice would be to just go with his flow and play along, say your sorry and act like it was all your fault, pretty **** but thats what i do and eventhough it sucks it was the only to get my dad off my back and keep him from getting angry at me (even though its his fault most of the time)

so its hard to do but that would be my advice :\

zzZZzz

parents are always like that, you'll be like that one day

put up with it, its natural, at the same time, you say they dont get interested in things of yours like music and stuff...yet at the same time you've said you'd prefer your alone time and that your aprents have complained you dont open up enough to them, to me that smacks of hypocrisy that you wont open up to them and expect them to just bend to your own will,its all good to talk about your formal and be all excited, and it would be a kick to see them not so interested, but have you truly ever sat down and paid attention to your parents day when they talk about it? or when your parents have shared stories or an expierience were you ALWAYS.100% paying attention with pure interest? and so what if your dad didnt tell you what he got from the store, is that such a crime? you got pissed over that? what about when you've hiddens eomthing from your parents? dont tell me you havnt,because everyone has hidden soemthing from their parents, your dad has done NOTHING wrong, its not HALF his fault, from where i sitting,YOU are at fault for overreacting to your own parents

its a two way street man

im surprised they had time to put in a signature

not that its any good....

MOD, we got some r18+ in our PG13 rated forum !

*yeehaw*

xD

tell them how u feel.. because when u will go for university... u will regert tht i shud have told them.. or may be u will miss them alll the time u spent wid them......

Back