please don't hate me for saying this.....

bonni

I am convinced that LP put tremendous effort into making their videos.....
but the thing is, you hear a song, you associate the lyrics with your own thoughts and situation, and then there is this video that completely bursts your bubble.
video killed the radio star !
I have it the same with books: you create your own world reading, and then there's the film spoiling your imagination.
Big I'm sorry to all the video fans ! :(

uwantme2b said:
Well, we all have opinions on these things :) Personally the videos don't ruin the songs for me, if anything they just make them clearer to me and reach out to me more.

You said almost everyting what i want to say. lol
I agree,videos are there to show our imagination right way...
And hm well how would you feel without LP on TV???

Yeah man, I see where you are coming from with books. I can't stand watching movies made from books but that is different. Oftentimes the author has nothing to do with the movie and it isn't even comparable to the book. With a short music video I like to see the artist's opinion on what their music means through the video.

uwantme2b...ur right when they make a video for a song it stands out more and its special cauz linkin park puts alot of effort in their videos thats what i like

bonni said:
I am convinced that LP put tremendous effort into making their videos.....
but the thing is, you hear a song, you associate the lyrics with your own thoughts and situation, and then there is this video that completely bursts your bubble.
video killed the radio star !
I have it the same with books: you create your own world reading, and then there's the film spoiling your imagination.
Big I'm sorry to all the video fans ! :(
yeah man iam partly agree with u...

Zeus LP said:
Yeah man, I see where you are coming from with books. I can't stand watching movies made from books but that is different. Oftentimes the author has nothing to do with the movie and it isn't even comparable to the book. With a short music video I like to see the artist's opinion on what their music means through the video.
exactly... i don't think videos ruin the songs... on the contrary, i really like LP's videos... it gives me another view of the song, that i might not have had before... :)

Well the thing is, they write their songs so everyone can associate it with their lives. Thats what so special about it. They write about emotions. The videos are just how it might appear to them, or someone they know, or even how most ppl look at it. The beauty is that it can adjust to so many different views. Like Numb: Their video was about a girl who doesnt want to be like her parents and stuff. To me, its like I dont want to be what the society wants me to be. I want to be me. But I can watch the video and appreciate that situation too.

Well the thing is, they write their songs so everyone can associate it with their lives. Thats what so special about it. They write about emotions. The videos are just how it might appear to them, or someone they know, or even how most ppl look at it. The beauty is that it can adjust to so many different views. Like Numb: Their video was about a girl who doesnt want to be like her parents and stuff. To me, its like I dont want to be what the society wants me to be. I want to be me. But I can watch the video and appreciate that situation too.

Right on, dude.

I think the videos are. LP knows the songs mean something different to everyone. Like In the End for example. Its kind of a weird video but its still awesome. I doesnt really make sense to the song because it means something different for everyone. I think Numb is the best video for the song because in a way, I was picturing the same thing when I listen to the song. The videos dont need to go with the song. I really dont like it when it totally fits with the song because you know someone will argue about it. Im definetly not gonna say "The video doesnt make sense! Why did they make it like that" because there are many different outlooks for the song so of course they are make it so the video isnt one of those outlooks.

Back