Possible to use drivers from host computer in WinPE?

W

Wolfhound

Hi

I was wondering if it were possible to configure PE to use the drivers from the host computer? I am aware that I can inject drivers into PE but I am having issues with that approach - not all of the drivers for the hardware are being loaded correctly. The goal of the PE environment is for it to be a diagnostic environment I can run a series of tests to confirm faults but it needs to run a wide variety of hardware configurations.
Currently I can get some hardware working ok but I get the impression that PE isn't detecting all the hardware and installing drivers. I have injected a large number of drivers using driverpacks which has a side effect of being slow to boot. I guess I have several questions around the problem I face:

1. [ ]Does anyone know what PE does during the startup processes to detect hardware and install drivers?
    [ ]Is there a command line in PE that can trigger a PNP type detection of all hardware and install the appropriate drivers?
    [ ]Can PE be configured to use the host computer drivers so I don't need to worry about injecting drivers?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Continue reading...

Back