President "Suddenly Christian" Tries to Rewrite the Declaration

ImWithStupid

I don't know if anyone else noticed but President "perceived to be Muslim" Obama has recently gone out of his way to speak of his "Christian faith" or end his speeches with "God Bless You and God Bless America" in an attempt to try and make people believe he's a Christian.

But recently he did this...

Obama Re-Writes Declaration of Independence to Leave Out “Creator”…

From Obama’s speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus on September 15, 2010:

“So let me close by saying this. Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to many peoples. To British and French, to Dutch and Spanish, to Mexican — (applause) — to countless Indian tribes. We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together — what made us all Americans — was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

http://www.scribd.co...aucus-Gala-2010
The Preamble to the U.S. Declaration of Independence:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Personally, I think it's deplorable of the President to try and convince the American public that he is of any faith, just to pander and gain votes. I personally don't believe President Obama is of any faith.

Personally, I think it's deplorable of the President to try and convince the American public that he is of any faith, just to pander and gain votes.

Well, that leaves you wide open to the old, Bush talks to God issue. You honestly beieve that he didn't pander to the Bible belt?

I personally don't believe President Obama is of any faith.

Agreed, but as long as he has faith in himself, and the future of America, that's all that is really required of him.

The separation of church and state has never really been implemented, for mine. Our press got a week or so's mileage out of our new athiest PM. Slow news week?

And here, seperation of Church and State is actually not law, amusingly enough. It was something Thomas Jefferson mentioned in a letter to some baptists before each state had ratified the constitution, to assure them they wouldn't have to leave or anything. But there is no law saying "church and state must be separated".

Also, Pledge of Allegiance: "Under God".

The First Amendment to the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
All this says is that Congress cannot impose a national religion. It also cannot legally stop you from worshipping (or not) in any you you wish. Nothing about keeping religion out of public places, that's been decreed by the courts, not Congress.

Also, concerning the Pledge of Allegiance:

Between 1924 and 1954, the Pledge of Allegiance was worded:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, during the McCarthy era and communism scare, Congress passed a bill, which was signed into law, to add the words "under God." The current Pledge reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/nat_pled1.htm

Under God is really an addition to the original Pledge.

Personally, I think it's deplorable of the President to try and convince the American public that he is of any faith, just to pander and gain votes. I personally don't believe President Obama is of any faith.

I agree, I do not believe Obama has any true religious feeling of a Deity, but he does believe in a "Higher Power" of Government. Only the Government can protect the little guy from the all powerful and evil "Rich".

The First Amendment to the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
All this says is that Congress cannot impose a national religion. It also cannot legally stop you from worshipping (or not) in any you you wish. Nothing about keeping religion out of public places, that's been decreed by the courts, not Congress.

Also, concerning the Pledge of Allegiance:

Between 1924 and 1954, the Pledge of Allegiance was worded:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, during the McCarthy era and communism scare, Congress passed a bill, which was signed into law, to add the words "under God." The current Pledge reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

http://www.religious...g/nat_pled1.htm

Under God is really an addition to the original Pledge.

I knew it was changed to ward off the Godless Commies. I was just saying that if it were law, it wouldn't be allowed in your pledge :D

I agree, I do not believe Obama has any true religious feeling of a Deity, but he does believe in a "Higher Power" of Government. Only the Government can protect the little guy from the all powerful and evil "Rich".

But why does it matter if you believe what faith he's of anyway? Just seems like that's something we as a people shouldn't really care about. As long as he's not stoning sinners and raping women, it seems irrelevant.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but President "perceived to be Muslim" Obama has recently gone out of his way to speak of his "Christian faith" or end his speeches with "God Bless You and God Bless America" in an attempt to try and make people believe he's a Christian.

But recently he did this...

Obama Re-Writes Declaration of Independence to Leave Out “Creator”…

From Obama’s speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus on September 15, 2010:

“So let me close by saying this. Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to many peoples. To British and French, to Dutch and Spanish, to Mexican — (applause) — to countless Indian tribes. We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together — what made us all Americans — was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

http://www.scribd.co...aucus-Gala-2010
The Preamble to the U.S. Declaration of Independence:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

He didn't insert "Allah", or "God" where "Creator" should be. I personally would be more offended if he did that. Also, it seems as if "creator" is implied since he still said "all men are created equal". Mind you, I know he changed the original text in his speech, but he didn't say "all men just popped into existence, without a Creator...". shrug To be perfectly honest, he isn't trying to "rewrite" anything. He just messed something up in his speech. If he goes before Congress and goes "WE NEED TO REWRITE THE PREAMBLE", then it'll be problematic.

But why does it matter if you believe what faith he's of anyway? Just seems like that's something we as a people shouldn't really care about. As long as he's not stoning sinners and raping women, it seems irrelevant.

It goes to character and honesty joker. He is what he is and being straight with people is the least any person can ever do in his life. Obama has done nothing but lie about himself the entire time he has been in politics. All of his campaign was centered around creating a centrist picture of himself that was false. All the talk about bringing people together and working from the middle was so he could get elected then the second he had power, he reverted to the pure progressive/partisan politician he always was.

Going to that church in Chicago was what he had to do to create the 'correct image' for a black man in politics in chicago, that was the only reason he was there.

By the way, Obama did not "mess up" his speach, he said exactly what he wanted to say and you can bet his change of the words was on purpose.

It doesn't. I just believe he should be honest.

He went to Rev. Wrights church to advance his status in the community, politically. The Black Liberation Theology is what made him stay. Fit the rest of his ideology, if not his spiritual beliefs.

Attachments

• cd528345fe2e2d351b9d813510a358c5.jpg
    cd528345fe2e2d351b9d813510a358c5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ffc5b5c0ef90ef0009fa1eacf0345c7b.jpg
    ffc5b5c0ef90ef0009fa1eacf0345c7b.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 10
  • 53348afec73c6fd87543df5888adb00c.jpg
    53348afec73c6fd87543df5888adb00c.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 8f490967fb1014e221b54efe351fb524.jpg
    8f490967fb1014e221b54efe351fb524.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• cd528345fe2e2d351b9d813510a358c5.jpg
    cd528345fe2e2d351b9d813510a358c5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
  • ffc5b5c0ef90ef0009fa1eacf0345c7b.jpg
    ffc5b5c0ef90ef0009fa1eacf0345c7b.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 11
  • 53348afec73c6fd87543df5888adb00c.jpg
    53348afec73c6fd87543df5888adb00c.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 8f490967fb1014e221b54efe351fb524.jpg
    8f490967fb1014e221b54efe351fb524.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10
  • c378334dd3e0916c359294637d8576d5.jpg
    c378334dd3e0916c359294637d8576d5.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 7a590df08087cf9ee608b4afa1f90105.jpg
    7a590df08087cf9ee608b4afa1f90105.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 6abe76ee2d428df39f0cd31cc8ddf911.jpg
    6abe76ee2d428df39f0cd31cc8ddf911.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
Back on the subject. I honestly believe that the omission of, "by their Creator", was a Progressive tactic.

Progressives have to convince The People that their rights aren't from a Natural God, Higher Power, etc... but by the government, that way they can convince them that Government can take them away.

Back on the subject. I honestly believe that the omission of, "by their Creator", was a Progressive tactic.

Progressives have to convince The People that their rights aren't from a Natural God, Higher Power, etc... but by the government, that way they can convince them that Government can take them away.
Most people do see the Government as all powerful these days, and it makes wonder how this great Nation was transformed from a Nation of people to a Nation of Government.

Times : (15 September 2010 - 01:10 AM) I assume eddo that you um....gave a donation.... due to your saving yourself and all that.....lol

I'm okay with a hug, but Builder has to wash first, his coprophilia leaves a bad odor....

Because Builder would never waste a good dump when he can play with it instead, lol

You know Builder, even in Australia, there is treatments for your coprophilia

I bet you like it becuase you get really good turds to play with after eating it right Builder?

Has emkay joined you in that game?

Emaky seems like the coprophilia type too come to think of it.

Not a joke Builder, you have a serious problem that needs proper medical treatment

See how it has infected emkay?

Now even she is stuck on this infatuation.

You guys are messed up.

Why not try to be more normal?

coprophilia is nothign to joke about you two, why can't you take your problem seriously?

Joking it off will not make it go away.

So Builder, do you find playing with animal turds better than human waste?

How exactly does one advertise for partners of coprophilia while traveling?

Do you practice your coprophilia while you sleepwalk as well?

Is your gay lover into coprophilia or do you practice that outside your relationship?

Be careful with emkay, you won't be the first to get a gift that keeps on giving, lol.

Better to stay with your usual men and not be so desperate you need to be with someone like emkay.

So do you do the foot tapping think in bathrooms too Builder?

Or do you guys who love coprophilia have your own special signal?

Maybe a skid mark piece of paper tossed under the divider or something Builder?

Are there parts of your gay bars devoted to those who love coprophilia?

Times : (15 September 2010 - 01:32 AM) Well Builder, time for me to go make some money, have fun and remember, wash your hands before eating, feces is not considered an acceptable spice for food.

Back