Printer device when using the IPP protocol with digest authentication

S

Sutera

Hi all,

I have a problem which deals with the IPP protocol and setting up printers. As operating system I use Windows XP Professional SP 3 and all updates released to date.

On the topic. Unless I need a printer using the IPP protocol as an authentication and wants to add the printer to "Base" select them, I set up the appropriate printer with the specified input my user and password.

If I as an authentication, however, "Digest" in the pretend printer, I get an error that no access is possible.

I had this problem until recently, seventh with Windows This contained the corresponding file with the introduction of Service Pack 1 is an error. It was the necessary headers (especially the hash) within the individual frames not transmitted. Here is an old thread from the English forum has helped me with my then search:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/577a237c-25f4-47ed-b709-726e76131313/

The problem was solved only recently released the hotfix, which is also in the above thread is called with.

The question now is, the problem is known, there is this possibly a hotfix or a workaround?

Continue reading...

Back