Printing Emails in Outlook 2010 that contain HTML code in the body of the message

M

MartyFranek

Hi everyone. There is another thread describing my exact scenario, although there appears to have been no attempt offer any suggestions since it was initially posted over two months ago: Contacting Server for Information When Printing Email in Outlook 2010.
So I thought I would phrase the question differently and see what anyone might have to say about it. It appears that on our PCs with Windows 7 Professional and MS Office 2010, when a user attempts to print an Email with a web page embedded in the body of the message, a message about "contacting the server for information" appears for upwards of 45 seconds, and then after another two or three minutes, the message finally prints out. This seems to happen whether the user wants to print to a network printer or one that is attached locally to his/her PC.
In similar, but not exactly the same, threads there are hints that this might be a firewall issue, where the system does not trust messages with HTML code. So, on one of these computers, I tried disabling the Windows Firewall and also Windows Defender. This made no difference in the scenario whatsover.
So, my question is ... is there a workaround if not a solution? My management wants either a fix or an explanation as to why it can't be fixed. Hence, this post by me.
This does not seem to happen on our Windows XP machines with Office 2003.
Thanks for whatever ideas you all can offer.
Marty

Martin J. Franek

Continue reading...

Back