Qwest M1000 and Port 4125 Issue

N

NewsBot

Currently I'm trying to get the remote access portion of WHS to work properly. I am able to view/manipulate files via the web interface, as well as get into the remote control portion as far as it prompting me to use the attached printers/clipboard, etc. Once I get that far into the remote access portion it attempts to connect and immediately throws an unable to connect, connection dropped error (can't remember exact error offhand).

I have the modem set to forward the ports 80, 443, and 4125. I confirm that I can get through (and see traffic) on the port 80 and 443 side, but using some tools I can see that 4125 still doesn't seem to be forwarding, or at least not getting to my machine properly. I had originally thought that it was because I was using a Linksys router behind the Qwest modem, but I took that out of the picture  and now have the WHS box hooked directly up to the modem.

I've verified that I have the firewall on the modem disabled and that the ports forwarding properly. I've also put the machine into the DMZ and I still can't remote to the actual machines. Has anyone else on Qwest with a M1000 modem had similar issues or am I missing something?

Thanks

View this thread

Back