Really polaris? Really?

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
I was out plowing my driveway and the polaris was working great. Half way through, i noticed that it wont shift into high or park. Stuck in either L or N or R. About 10-15 mins later, the front left axle broke lol. The thing is, i was taking it easy on this thing. Dont think i'll own another polaris.

947074d7987a02b1a126bbbfe8d316dc.jpg

Is the axle broke or jus a u joint? It's hard to see on my phone...
Is there a linkage that might have frozen up keeping you from shifting? Polaris makes a decent 4x4...

Yeah it's the U joint.

Frozen up linkage could be it. Yeah i think you're right about that. I'll have to warm up the polaris with a spaceheater next to it. Wished my garage was heated lol. We'll see if that does the trick.

Aw man that sucks! If it can be fixed easily Id do it, but polaris for whatever reason makes everything difficult to do it seems. Ive never been a fan cause they are soo annoyingly designed.

Shame it busted, fix it and hopefully it keeps on going. So far we have yet to get any real snow. Snowed 8 inches at work one day and chaos, by the time I got 20 mins from my house (I work about 45 min south of my house) there was barely any snow lol.

oh i've heard some horror stories about polaris lol. But hey, atleast it's something that i can use to move snow instead of shoveling. A friend says it's an easy fix but polaris is a pain. lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-Joint-dri...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2d9f940c&vxp=mtr

Found what i need. I might will order extra just so that i can have a spare backup. Oh up here we have snow barely above our knees now, about 2 foot give or take.

I'll pay a few local powersports shops a visit tomorrow to see if they have what i need in stock. If not, i'll order from ebay.

Still haven't figured out about the tranny part yet. It's still stuck in between L-N-R and wont go into H or P.

Back