Realy Extremily Basic Ideas For A Script I'm Writing

Peterdea

Terrorhawk
Really I should post this on MySpace but thought why not here. It's basically a zombie script I'm writing at the moment. Heres a copy + paste of the document i rushed yesterday.
FREAKING SWEET ZOMBIE FILM
About Zombies

Zombies have full human speed. They are pretty much the same as Rage infected from “28 Days Later” except they don’t starve.
The eyes, unlike usual zombies or rage infected humans, always look the same. The only real way to tell a zombie from a human is by how pale the zombie’s skin is, or how large the wounds they have are.
They attack humans to feast on their flesh and vital organs, but don’t seem to eat brains. To become a zombie a human must be bitten, and have no damage done to the brain. The zombies brain rot after a few months, but they don’t die. They just become slower and less orientated. Unlike in George A Romero’s zombie series, only people who have been killed by a zombie end up as a zombie themselves. No person who dies a natural death will end up as a zombie after the outbreak.

Outbreak

The zombie outbreak occurs similar to that of 28 Days Later. Only instead of all that complicated stuff, scientists are trying to find a way to bring back some deceased people, all who died of natural causes. After believing they have succeeded, a group of dead rise up and attack the scientists turning them into zombies.
By the time the news actually gets out, it’s too late for any army intervention. Most of the armed forces have been killed by zombies, and all those who are serving outside the country, are told that they are best not to return, since nobody knows where the zombies could be hiding well enough that they could find a safe area to be let out.

Where It All Takes Place

The film is set in Australia, near the city of Melbourne in two small towns called Lara and Little River, However the outbreak is eventually spread worldwide.
To the main characters, little or nothing is known about what’s happening worldwide. The last thing the TV and radio said was that U.S.A. has been completely overrun, Europe is a lost hope, and there has been no word from Asia. Africa is known as completely wiped out also.
However some European countries have managed to keep the zombies out of their countries by using armed forces and sending teams to get ammunition every few days.

Characters

The characters are based off, and in most cases will probably be played by, people I know very well. Since most of this script came from a dream I had and certain aspects taken from some things Jack told me about, all the involved people in the original idea will have the names and attitudes of my friends and family.
There is a character that is based off me, one of Kieran, one of Jack.
One is particularly based on Chris (Me and Jack’s cousin) who serves a very main role in the film ultimately.
Other people are all a blur to me. But I could base them off people I know like Luke, Aaron or Ash so that I can guarantee some more main characters with the people I know.
One problem will be the soldiers, I’ll work that when I get to that point.

Locations To Be Filmed At

Anywhere in Lara/Little River is perfect! Since the ideas are based of local areas it should be perfect to film in these little areas. Mainly in between my house and Jacks house, and possibly, into Weribee if we need to. Corio could also be a possibility for filming.
I’m not to fussed about the houses we get, but it could end up a huge problem when it comes to getting a large mansion like house, but just like actors for the soldiers, I’ll fix that when it’s more needed.

General Idea/Original Idea/Very Basic Storyline

The story begins with a group of around 7 people making a homemade short film with a crappy camera. After not too long they get attacked by a zombie, resulting in one of them being killed. The remaining 6 people eventually run back to one of their houses (This character is based off me in the dream so Pete shall be his name).
They run into Pete’s house almost crying and tell everyone how their friend was killed. The family switch on the TV and sees a news report telling that the “living dead” have taken over and it is strongly suggested you don’t try to leave your home, instead board it up.
Members of Pete’s family, 2 of his friends and himself go to get supplies after they realize the severity of the situation, and how little amount of supplies they have. They manage to get a whole heap of stuff, but both of Pete’s friends who came are killed.
After a while of surviving in the house, the survivors are getting used to living this way. However, eventually Pete gets really tired and goes to bed. He heads off and lies down. A zombie beats its way through the boarded up window with one massive run up and kills Pete.
Pete runs out of his room as a zombie and kills most of his family. 2 of his friends (based on Jack and Kieran) and one of Pete and Jack’s cousins manage to escape. The rest die. They drive in a car and Jack decided he wants to go get his family.
When they get to Jacks house his family are zombies and they kill Jack’s cousin. Kieran and Jack escape to a large mansion where they meet some soldiers.
The soldiers pull the two into a dark room and board it up.
After a bit of talking they hear some banging on the door and a soldier yells “open up, its all clear”. Then from behind, some zombies run up and start killing the soldiers.
From this point I am going to discuss ideas with Jack.

Variations/Changes

Some changes I am considering making to the story so far (in no particular order) include:
  • Rather then making the character based on me get attacked and killed, the zombies could come through a different window. So then the story stays the same only my character is left alive and could make a return later in the film.
  • Rather then bringing my character back later in the film, I could make a branch film, or rather, an alternate storyline which I can work on after I finish and/or during the work on this.
  • Reduce the number of people at the start to 5. That way I need less actors.
  • Remove the mansion/large house scene and replace it with a small house.
  • Changing the whole style of the film from the typical film, to Blair Witch mockumentary style.
  • Replacing soldiers with hunters since hunters are easier to get in touch with in this area.
  • Have Chris survive, that way there is a character who can actually legally drive the whole time!
Any sugestions are more then welcome ;)

I think your idea is pretty cool :thumbsup: since I'm not really good in scripts/movies etc I can't really give you any other suggestions... maybe just as you allready mentioned to reduce the characters so you need less characters

that all good.
some how i knew it was gonne be about zombies -_-
looks like just about everyone dies :\
and why does pete die?
let jack die instead :)

that all good.
some how i knew it was gonne be about zombies -_-
looks like just about everyone dies :\
and why does pete die?
let jack die instead :)
i'm currently working on modifications so i'll consider killing Jack ;)
its a zombie movie! not many people are allowed to survive if its gonna be good

Back