Rear shock

DPCones

Anybody ever sent there stock rear shock out to get re-sprung and setup per there weight? I know its cheaper but will it work as good as getting one of the big name ones built? If so whats your thoughts and are you satisfied with the way it rides?

ive talked to laz at gtthunder about it, he claims with the proper link (mx or xc) and a spring and reavalve on the rear shock it can be just as good and ride great

i had my stock shocks rebuilt by JET. triple rate front, dual rate rear with a GTT XC link. it seriously handles like a dream at 1/3 the price. i highly highly recommend JET.

i had GTT rebuilds on my last set of stock shocks, single rate rear, dual front and XC link and it was 100x better than stock but the JET set up i have now is amazing! i know lots of guys who run elkas and my JET set up is 10 times better

I have rode a few different rebuilt shocks by gt and deseri and neither were on par with my fox or pep by anymeans but they were quite a bit better than stock. JMO

So far Jet has not got back to me. But I was recommended another place called Monster Performance and he said he can re-valve, spring my rear for $170. Not bad and so far the customer service has been top notch.

Send that **** to Dirtworks ;)
:rock:
Never heard of them, however, anything with "works" in their name seems to be legit..

they are super legit... http://dirtworksmotorsports.com/ just ask for Josh. tell him Wally send you......

i meet them in the past 1000, i did the chasing/translating for them and they are great people and top notch in their job... i got a 24V kit from them and the construction and detail its superb..... trust me they are cheaper than other companies and you WONT be desapointed... they also have the link for what ever your racing applications migth be... im so confident on them that ill be sending my shocks to them for my Baja atv...

Jet does have all the prices listed on their website. They did my rear, dual rate, GTT Link, it does ride awesome. I was going to go LT on the rear, but Nick gave me a few reasons not to. I am happy with the results from the rebuild. I will be doing the same for my trail quad.

Ive had knight performance redo my rear on my 400 to work with the GTT link. Dustin by far was the cheapest and did an excellent job, he also is really easily approachable thru email (we sent over 100 emails actually b/c we had a few issues with the setup-mostly GTT weight ideas are too low for most ppl). If your on a budget he might be for you, quick turnaround too like a week at most: knightsuspension@gmail.com

Tell him CJM/Marc sent ya.

As for higher end shocks like fox, pep, axis, etc. Of course they will be alot better than stock. They are setup from the factory to be a race shock designed for punishment and abuse. The stock shocks are ok, but an aftermarket is better. Im planning on doing an ars-fx rear link setup on my 450 with a fox or axis shock and just doing +1 up front with some dual rate fronts. From what I gather this will work SUPER well for the money. Im hoping to pick up a used shock one day and just redo it (which you would have to do anyways).

Jet does have all the prices listed on their website. They did my rear, dual rate, GTT Link, it does ride awesome. I was going to go LT on the rear, but Nick gave me a few reasons not to. I am happy with the results from the rebuild. I will be doing the same for my trail quad.

Man u should try dirtoworks..

I'm in love with my set up and I'll be testing it on Baja this may... and for the rides I have done, its superb. And their link it gives u mora travel than gtt one, and the link comes with its own skid plate to protect it..

Man u should try dirtoworks..

I'm in love with my set up and I'll be testing it on Baja this may... and for the rides I have done, its superb. And their link it gives u mora travel than gtt one, and the link comes with its own skid plate to protect it..

I can verify this statement. I'm very pleased with my shocks so far. I havnt done some hard riding yet, but that time will come when mud season is over. However i have gone out recently for the first time since mid summer of last year. I only fooled around in a pit that dont have much there but I had a big smile on my face! Cuz i was able to go over some whoops faster than before without feeling like i was riding on a log wagon haha

Back