Redirecting favourites with IE 7/8 causing errors

G

greg.dent

Hi all,
I'm having issues with folder redirection on IE favourites. I am not sure which forum to post this in, so I have put it in the Windows forum and IE forum.
Basically I am redirecting everyone's favourites folder to their network home drive using group policy. This seems to work most of the time, however on occasion, users are suddenly unable to save any new favourites, receiving an error which simply states "Unspecified error". They are still able to use existing favourites when the problem is occuring, but cannot save any new ones.
The troubleshooting I've done so far leads me to believe that this occurs when sync centre (which manages the redirection) in Win7 is either in offline mode or slow link mode.
I have checked permissions on the home drive folders - each user has full control over their own home drives. The policy for the folder redirection has also set the "exclusive rights" option to "disabled".
We also redirect the users' Documents folder as well, which does not suffer any issues. Additionally, if you manually browse to your favourites folder through libraries, or by going to the home drive itself, the user can create files in there without a problem. This only seems to affect IE.
Has anyone else encountered this and do they know of any way of rectifying it?
Thanks.
G

Continue reading...

Back