Reimaging rights when using Win 7 Pro open license. How many do I actually have to purchase?...

C

ccslai

Our Dell PCs come with Win 7 Pro OEM licenses. What I want to do is to be able to use an imaging utility like IMAGEX to capture a base image of Win 7 Pro OS (plus any installed applications) and deploy that image onto any identical PCs that come with Win 7 Pro OEM licenses.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/D/4/3D42BDC2-6725-4B29-B75A-A5B04179958B/Reimaging.docx

My understanding from reading the article thoroughly is that I only have to purchase ONE Win 7 Pro open license (with the product key, media, and however # of MAKS i need). With that one product key and one Win 7 Pro open license media, I can install that on all the machiens since the machiens originally come with Win 7 Pro OEM.

Now, the question is, if I have 10 PCs that come with Win 7 Pro OEM, do I need to purchase 10 Win 7 Pro open license to have imaging rights on those 10 PCs? Or do I only need 1 Win 7 Pro open license and whatever # of MAKS I need?
Hope someone knows a definite answer because Dell (which I use as a reseller for the MS products) is telling me something else.
Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back