Removing Trojan:Win32/Anomaly.gen!A

A

amasitnak

Like many other HP users, I too have found this Trojan using Windows Microsoft Essentials and Windows Defender Offlineand it is able to quarantine it, but neither program is able to remove it.

Similarly it says pretty much the same thing as the initial post in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanning/how-to-remove-a-trojan-win32anomalygena/7adfdaa6-582a-4e5e-a1a3-a618a8527292?page=1&tm=1328208460324

There are however some slight differences. Under the items that are infected, it has a different image number and file location:

containerfile:E:\preload\base.wim
file:E:\preload\base.wim->(Image23538)\Program Files (x86)\HP Games\Plants vs. Zombies\Plants vs. Zombies-WT.exe->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)
file:E:\preload\base.wim->(Image38492)\SwSetup\HPGames\HGUS\src\WT\games\plantsvszombies-oem.exe->(nsis-3-Plants vs. Zombies-WT.exe)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)

This problem has been persisting for over the past week or so and the strange thing is that when I remember getting this laptop, I don't remember ever having this file installed. I have read through many posts about this being a false positive result, but my concern comes from the apparent symptoms of a Trojan, which is hindering my ability to use my laptop. Symptoms like very slow start up of applications and input of text, long start-up and loading, etc.

Could I please get any advice and input on what I should do to handle this problem.

Continue reading...

Back