Rmoved trojandownloader:win32\agent.yp with MSE but after reboot, it is still detected

J

JakeEvan

Microsoft security essentials detected trojandownloader:win32\agent.yp... tried the remove option and it would say it was removed however upon restart of the system the detection would reappear. through much searching on the issue i then ran...CCLEANER and also ADVANCED SYSTEM SECURITY to clean up junk files, malware, registry and what not. System seemed to be clean afterwards...no more detections in security essentials, however this morning, recent programs does not show up in the start menu and 90% of my programs in the all programs folder show up as HIGHLIGHTED just like if they would have been JUST INSTALLED. everything is working fine, all programs open up and work as normal, however none are showing up in the start menu as recent programs and SOMETHING OBVIOUSLY had to have caused this! Is this still traces of the trojandownloader? if so how do i find it and remove it especially if it is not being detected. Also, each time the pc is shut down for an extended period of time (a day or so...this is a work computer so it stays on most of the time) upon powerup the date and time is always WRONG....usually going back to 2009! i dont know if that has anything to do with this issue as well. any help would be appreciated. as it is now...it doesnt seem like a big deal, everything is working fine, and even the date and time, its a bit of an inconvenience to reset but, mainly i am concerned about the WHY? question. What is causing this? Thanks for you time and in advance for any help.

jake

Continue reading...

Back