Sen. Stevens indicted: 7 false statements counts

N

NewsBot

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican senator and a figure in Alaska politics since before statehood, has been indicted on seven counts of falsely reporting hundreds of thousands of dollars in services he received from a company that helped renovate his home....

By LARA JAKES JORDAN

Read the full story.

wez said:
I'm sure it was just an honest mistake.. :rolleyes:

No, I'm sure he's just a typical, career politician, douchbag. Problem is, if they actually went after all the politicians that get stuff for favorable votes in Washington, D.C. would be a ghost town.

On second thought, that might not be a bad thing, right about now.

http://Off Topic Forum.com/news-room/22952-analysis-stevens-indictment-adds-to-gop-troubles.html

"Hey, Ted ... say it ain't so," came the greeting from the longest serving senator in history, 90-year-old Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., reaching up from his wheelchair during a set of floor votes. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark., gave Stevens a warm hug.
I beat Blanche Lincoln by a day with the same comment. ;)

He is a great Senator who has done a lot for Alaska. I'm sure he rubbed elbows with some elite oil companies that not only made themselves wealthy but made Alaska wealthy as well. Did he knowingly commit fraud? He's innocent until proven guilty but I think this thing goes on with all politicians.

Back