Serj Tankian - Elect the dead

doorbasher

New Serj Tankian's song

Has any seen SOAD's singer Serj's newest song? 'Empty walls'? Its pretty hardcore political, but it does sound quite awesome. What you guys think of it?...I till think he should stay in SOAD as his partnership with daron is simply amazing!

When I first heard it, I wasn't expecting too much & where as the guitar breaks arent anything that special or memorable the piano bridge is pretty fun.... though to me it's only slightly above average.

i guess when groups go solo theres always an element missing. But I'm enjoying it for what it is i guess. I actually had no idea that Serj was born in Lebanon.. Is this one of the reasons why his so political?

Yes, all members of SOAD are of middle eastern decent, and that is a major part of why they have such strong political views in their songs and what we're seeing in Serj's solo project.

It's an ok song. Has SOAD broke up? On the radio I hear they're just taking a break, but I hear people say things that indicate they have. I hope they haven't because I like them. They were one of the bands that got me into rock.

they are more political because not like in america, they have no right to say or speak out. Hence they are genuinely wanting to speak out. Not like Greenday or pink. Hope Serj's elect the dead album would go on as well as Fort Minor. BTW There's a competition on the fasterlouder website with free cds. Go and get them my fellow cheapass ppl!

hey guys...any of u gonna get elect the dead on the 27th? i didnt know Serj was going to release his solo album so soon..but i;m still stoked that he is..i like his new single "empty walls". it sounds like the older SOAD songs, which i like. anyone digging the new stuff?

if you have seen or heard the new song i found this neat little site - ww.fasterlouder.com.au/serjtankian
hope you like it..i cant wait till the new album comes out!

Back