Should all religions stop reading the 'old' books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

Reading the Qu'ran, the Bible etc... - leave it to the intelligent who will take the good out of it! That is why we have preachers! They are there to help decipher these words written so long ago! There are TOO many mis-guided idiots out there who are not intelligent enough, or who are desperate as they have nothing - and therefore nothing to loose.

Do you agree that no one but the preachers should read these "books"!

:mad:

I'm against religion, but you really shout leave at least one 'no' answer without being anti-religion, otherwise you have defeated the purpose of having a poll in the first place

I think people should be able to read them. Who wants to be lead blindly without reading the sacred texts themselves? It has been shown time and time again that not all clergy are trustworthy people in one way or another, why should they be the only ones allowed to read them, then preach what they wish?

angie said:
I think people should be able to read them. Who wants to be lead blindly without reading the sacred texts themselves? It has been shown time and time again that not all clergy are trustworthy people in one way or another, why should they be the only ones allowed to read them, then preach what they wish?

Well because they are 'suppose' to be the chosen ones. I don't really agree with that though - seems they are so desperate to recruit they take anybody! But at least they have to consult with each other and put on one common front. They would only take the good and which applys to today's world. Don't forget there are TOO many uneducated, desperate, poor, nothing to loose people out there reading this stuff. They take it too literally, that's why I believe it's dangerous for them to read it.

As far as being lead blindly - doesn't it all come down to having faith, being the best person you can be, and being kind to all you meet (regardless of their beliefs, race, statue). It is not working today - so why not try something else? God wants his word spread - and as far as I can see our only change for peace is to make a directive to allow ONLY the preachers to spread the good word.

angie said:

I agree 100%.That's what these terrorists are doing.They say the Qu'ran says so and so,and leave no room to doubt them if you are illiterate and they call themselves ''Imams''.

''And verily,among them is a party who distort the Book with their tongues(as they read),so that you may think it is from the Book,but it is not from the Book,and they say:''This is from Allah,'' but it is not from Allah:and they speak a lie against Allah while they know it.'' 3:78

Wow,I wonder why I never posted this verse before.The terrorists set a great example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back