Sims2 Bon Voyage causes system failure.

J

James R

I have read around the net about the problems people are having with the program Sims2 Bon Voyage. It seems that the program is almost continuously trying to communicate to an outside point. This is causing memory overload which is leading to other problems. I have tried going through task manager to shut down game drivers and dump.exe files that the Sims2 game has initiated but it does not help. The only answer I have is to uninstall the program. I don't know what the intent was in designing the program this way but it is not worth these issues. If your computer keeps shutting down before windows fully loads then what you do is bring up the connections controls out of control panel and disable modem connections. If you have external software for firewall you need to shut it down after you cut connections. Now you should be able to uninstall the Sims2. I am going to keep experimenting with it. If anyone finds a solution I would like to read it.

Just additional info. By bringing up task manager while windows is loading and ending the programs Dump.exe and Dwwin.exe it keeps the computer from shutting down. These two programs will start running again at some point but I am not sure as of yet what and when they are triggered.

Continue reading...

Back