(SOLVED) WINDOWS 7 SP1 ACTIVATION ERROR 0X8007007B

D

DaveRTech

022611 I downloaded and successfully installed Windows 7 SP1 for my 32bit Windows 7 Professional, installed on a HP 2710p 1.2 Core 2 Duo Tablet Computer with 3GB RAM and 80GB HD. 030111 the system attempted a Windows Activation which failed with a 0x8007007B error "the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect." I have 25 days before Windows makes my life really miserable.
I have tried creating a new administrative permissions user and ran the activation with the same error. I have looked through the forums on Microsoft Support, here and googled this as well. The closest thing I found is here for installing SP1. I got it installed, but it reset my activation and I am stuck. Most articles for the error code are for backup or restore operation. I suppose that could be involved as the system creates a restore point and does backup files during install of the SP. Somehow I wonder how this is related to activation. I also downloaded MGA tool and from what I can tell the license indicates it was legit awaiting activation. So no errors there from what I can tell. SFC /scannow did not find any integrity violations.
What do I need to do to clear this error and reactivate windows after SP1 install? I really appreciate your time and effort to assist me to solve my issue here. Thank you.
Respectfully,
Dave

Continue reading...

Back