Spambots

Acezorz

Is it just me? Or are the number of spambots getting onto these forums increasing? Yesterday there were two!

I think we need to redo the signing up filter system or something.

To Coredump just over 2 months ago by PM:
UnhingedMouse0 said:
Spam
Recently there have been multiple accounts created which have been spamming the forums. From what I have seen, they all register with the DOB January 1, 1980 and they seem to have random names (such as uvwx967). Thus... it looks like weve got bots. Could you please look into stopping this.

Result: ...... :confused:

Ive been doing what I can to delete the spam as soon as possible. I also try to check the DOBs on all the newly reg'd members and ban any that have the Jan 1, 1980 birthdate. Thats all I can really do until core looks into it.

I think its about time I send a followup PM... or send something to what I assume is his personal email.

Edit: Just preemptively banned "lovegamegold001" for the telltale spambot signs.

Last edited by a moderator:
LPF is not the only forum they have been targetting. LPA gets a whole bunch of them, but they have to approve the first 50 posts of a member and this is how they prevent them. At the same time, I see the same spambots by the same name on LPA as I do on LPF at times.

Yeah, its just another bot program. There used to be another one, but a vbulletin update had a prevention thing which stopped that one. I dont know if theres any similar perfect fix for this yet or not. Ill send off an email to core within the next few days to see if he can look into it. :confused:

Back