Sysprep SkipRearm = 1

M

mcourtman

Hi,
MY CURRENT SITUATION: I have setup a reference machine running Windows 7 with all drivers and software installed and configured correctly.
I then Sysprep my reference PC (I have previous experience of Sysprep in Windows 2000 and XP environments) and have created a unattended answer file in System Image Manager (SIM) and run the following command: sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:e:\sysprep.xml
The system goes through the Sysprep process and shuts down. I then boot into Symantec Ghost 11.5 and take an image of the machine which I can then GhostCast my other PCs. On the first boot the machines go through the Sysprep process and only asks for a PC name to be entered, which is just what I wanted.
NOW THE PROBLEM: I can only run Sysprep on the reference machine 3 times and this is a big problem. However if I alter the unattended answer file and add SkipRearm=1 to the generalize section I can Sysprep the machine as many times as I like.
MY QUESTION: What does this SkipRearm setting do? What consequences will it have? Will I have more problems later?
Thanks for looking!
Best wishes,
Matt Courtman, UK

Continue reading...

Back