Terminal Server Install

N

NewsBot

Hello all, long time reader first time poster.
We currently have an issue with running the MOS courses on ous Terminal Servers. While doing the powerpoint training and exam prep you are asked to inset a picture and give it a fly in animation, then open the animation options and assign a sound to the
animation. These sound effects dont appear to get installed during the install of office as there are no sound files to choose. looking in the program folder the media folder is not there either. i was going through some of the xml files used for install and
found the following line:
<Option Id="PPTSoundFiles" DefaultState="FollowParent" DisallowAbsent="no" DisallowAdvertise="no"
TerminalServer="Absent"/
If i change this to 'local' the setup gives me an error and exists as soon as i open it. Ive also tried opening setup with /admin and choosing the install the feature instead of followparent but this didnt work either. Is it possible to get this installed
on a terminal server?
We use Citrix Xenn App 6 with Server 2008R2 VDI's using Wyse thin clients to connect to the sessions, other sound files play ok in PPT so im not sure why it wont let me install it? Also if i copy to sounds to a network share and chose other file they also
work ok.
Thanks for any advice you can give

View this thread

Back