The 90% Lie

ImWithStupid

I see the President is spouting off the same lie that Hillary Clinton, Diane Feinstein, Assistant Director of the ATF, William Hoover, and even Mexican President Calderon tried to pass on as fact...

On his recently concluded first visit to Mexico as president, a week after telling Europeans that his country had been at times arrogant, President Barack Obama blamed his own country for providing 90% of Mexico's recovered crime guns.
According to a report by the independent FactCheck.org this afternoon, that's incorrect. By a, uh, long shot.

The president's assertion, also cited by Mexican President Felipe Calderon during their joint news conference in Mexico City, and the reported inaccuracy seems likely to fuel the eternal American gun-control debate, especially as it relates to the U.S. role in Mexico's deadly drug world.
Barack Obama way wrong on U.S. guns in Mexico--FactCheck.org | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

The truth, 90% of the guns with traceable serial numbers, which is required of all guns manufactured or sold on the US were traced back to the US, but they are only about 17% of the guns confiscated, from the cartels and the violence in Mexico, that have been linked to the US.

I'm sure the administration has no ambitions of restricting the 2A (tongue in cheek, obvious BS, unbelievable statement). That's why everyone in the administration is still telling a lie that has been disproved weeks ago.(and everyone in the administration from the President, to the Secretary of State, to the Attorney General, have been life long anti-gun proponents)

I'm sure they have no ambitions of restricting gun or ammo purchase, possession, registration or control...

The Myth of 90 Percent: Only a Small Fraction of Guns in Mexico Come From U.S. - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Just like how they are trying to force Congress to pass economic legislation, they will use back door lies and misinformation to get gun control legislation passed.

The writings on the wall

Lies, lies and more lies.

I would be interested in knowing where the higher death toll is: Deaths from drunk illegal drivers in the U.S.; or deaths from assault weapons in Mexico.

in Mexican Police are out gunned, our boarder patrol is out gunned but yet they want to take my gun away! What kind of is that? At least give me a gun and one bullet.

snafu said:
in Mexican Police are out gunned, our boarder patrol is out gunned but yet they want to take my gun away! What kind of is that? At least give me a gun and one bullet.

And we'll call you Barney Fife.

Back