The Denial Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyloveslinkin

aka Gloomy Mushroom
The Denial Twist​

*PROLOGUE*​

Life in the Bourdon family had changed a lot since the divorce of the two main components of the break up, fought bitterly over who had what part of the divorce settlement and who else was the scheming little backstabbing female dog.
The scenario around them both had changed as the male figure, let's say, Figure A, moved away and relocated his hypocritical backside in another state but of the same country where the female counterpart of the divorce, Figure B, still lived in with her much hated partner Figure C. Figure B wasn't the one to hate Figure C but the offspring that she had produced with Figure A entirely, (without mentioning the affair and the dramas that followed with Figure A's best friend, Figure D) had argued time and time again that Figure C was a no-good snotty-nosed butthole that no one liked. But that's where they were wrong, Figure B liked him and had no problem with him.
The offspring that Figure B had produced with both Figure D and Figure A had good traits and bad traits. Let's take a look at the offspring just to show what the point is:
Viking Bourdon.
Also known as 'stupid dumb brother' and 'the son that never stood up for himself'. Also gets labelled as 'closet baby' by his siblings on regular occasions.
Smart. Sensible. But apparently not smart enough to know his true feelings show half the time, in which this characteristic got him in trouble a lot with his mother, Figure B, whose real name now can be disclosed as the audience is already intrigued to know her name, Ravyn. Has a partner. Is afraid of commitment, as his mother bluntly puts it whenever she can to sneak in blunt comments about her own offspring.
Viking was conceived in a closet, thus the name 'closet baby' and '*******'. No it's not cursing, it's a child conceived/born out of wedlock. Websters defines it well according to other family members that Viking usually gave them the proverbial rude finger and usually the room.
He was rather glad he wasn't living at home nowadays to relive such childish and dumb fights that went on during the days of forced stay at the internment camp his parents had labelled as a:
"Good home. You have a roof over your head and you have food served up on your plate three times a day. Other than those times, you get your greedy little fingers into the pantry and raid it until the rats have nothing to eat."
He could just hear his father saying that in his ear, like that was yesterday. He hated his father, Figure A, who can now be known as Rob.
Now the twins. Yes, Ravyn had to go through more agony about two or so years later, to give birth to two rats that consistently disobeyed her and when they grew up, treated herself like she was dumb enough to know what they were talking about half the time. Even if it was drawing on the walls with their crayons, going out behind her back or even drinking themselves stupid to the point of hospitalisation (Ravyn couldn't help but to admit that alcoholism ran in the family and she greatly admired that trait in her family for some odd and unexplainable reason). Both we born blonde, and their brains remained that way for the rest of their unexplainable life. The sheer fact that they got this far in life surprised her. Especially the oldest.
Sarah Bourdon.
Also known as 'whore-child', 'dumbass', 'female dog' or 'Einstein'. (when used in a sarcastic manner, only, did this name apply).
Two words that her mother had described her daughter to her very face while in a heated argument, 'ego' 'driven'. Sarah knew if her mother was to write an autobiography, and she came to the chapter of mentioning Sarah, Sarah suspected her mother would re-write the serial killer profiling of Charles Manson and claim it was her oldest daughter and not the one of the prostitute killer himself. Or if Sarah was real lucky and just had a heated argument with her mother before writing that chapter, it wouldn't be the re-writing of Charles Manson that would occur, it would probably be that Sarah was somehow involved in the Bali Bombings and that her daughter had converted to Islam.
Sarah somewhat thought that idea would be rather ironic, seeing that her husband was Catholic and Sarah was....well, she didn't know to be honest, so she pretended to be Catholic for show and tell with his family. She lightly put it once:
"I know my religion, it's the screwed up kind, the drinking religion. Oh wait, it's not a religion, it's a disease I get from my mother, alcoholism and a bad temper. Everything my father lacks, why the hell did I inherit everything but my height from that bit-"
And then continued on to name calling and swearing. Yet, another public display of the disease she suffered from - PMS - Pure Menstrual Sarah. Which was rather ironic at this time of speaking, because she was currently heavily pregnant. Not with only just one child, not twins, (she dreaded anyone like herself to be part of a twin's set), not triplets, a whole four children she was carrying. The more she went on during her pregnancy, the more she argued with everyone who was in sight - even the poor mailman and the way he delivered the letters.
She lived away from home and had thanked her lucky stars many a times.
Since Sarah was a twin, she had to another sibling that was born at the same time. Well, technically, (and Sarah gloated about this) Sarah's nine minutes older than her twin sister, Melissa, who can be as dumb as Sarah when she doesn't even have to put her mind to it as times.
Melissa Bourdon.
More formally known as 'idiot' ,'Mel' and 'waste of space'.
There was a distinct feature that separated Mel from the rest of the family, she managed to cop more criticism from her siblings than she did from her own mother. That was a Guinness World Record when it took her that long to figure it out, which was a good 13 years. Her mother favoured Mel out of the twins and all the children to be quite honest. Mel didn't whinge or complain, or pick aimless fights with her as her twin sister consistently did with her mother, but sat on the sideline trying to figure out what piece of the puzzle that was on the coffee table goes where. A puzzle that Viking figured out how to do when he was 10. Mel wasn't the brightest of characters at time. But she was far better than what Ravyn had to put up with Sarah half the time.
Sarah had accused Mel of being dumb as the backside of a donkey, but that's when Melissa usually said:
"Hey at least when I was five, I didn't electrocute myself by sticking a knife in the toaster and I didn't need to be rushed to hospital and almost caused Mom to have a heart-attack because she was that worried that you would die on her. Now who's the complete idiot here outta us twins now?"
Mel had worried for Sarah's quads a lot. They were going to be related to her twin sister, and even that on its own was a worry for all the family.
And this is where the youngest one came in. 'The one that wasn't meant to be born in the first place if Mom had just shut her legs', in the eyes of her two sisters, who clearly thought they had an input to everything that their mother did and said. Boy, were they wrong.
Meaghan 'Fox' Bourdon.
Also known as 'Fox', 'spoilt little brat' (mostly that was Sarah's wording), and 'halfbreed'.
Don't get fooled, Rob is not her biological father, in which Meaghan is ever so thankful for it, and appreciates the fact that they aren't directly related. Well, him and being related to Sarah, directly, would cause major psychosis, she assumed by the way that they both carried on.
Meaghan's biological father is none other but, the remaining unidentified and anonymous Figure D, who ended up to be Rob's best friend at that time. She was quite happy with this turnout. That she didn't need to live with her biological mother or adopted-in father who was more like a spectator at times than anything, but she could live with the one person that now can be disclosed as her biological father - Chester. According to a number of 'lies' that had escaped the never-shutting mouth of her mother's, her mother had loved Chester before Rob and all that Meaghan is angry about, is the fact that Ravyn chose to stay with Rob and not go back to the plastic and hollywood glamour of Chester's multi-million mansions situated across the globe. But she was stuck in one house, with half-siblings that wish she would just go to hell and never come back, in one city for a number of years.
Meaghan had the habit of not abiding what the law says but what Chester says. And Chester says to that:
"Good on you, be more like me I say."
This was frowned upon by Ravyn's maternal instincts naturally but Chester wasn't a woman and he didn't know what it felt like to have a child stuck in his womb for nine months and have all his organs pushed up through his body, as though the organs were just ready to come straight out of his throat.
There are the children and if one soul has the guts to accuse that's the ending of it all, boy, they're in for a nasty surprise. There are four more souls to cover in this prologue that by reading it, could prevent a man-made disaster from occurring.
Ravyn Bourdon
Also known as 'Draiman' instead of the Bourdon surname, 'mother from hell', 'nasty two-faced cow' (as described to divorce lawyers) and the list just keeps on going.
At the age of sixteen, she was already pregnant with her first child, Viking, to a stranger named Rob Bourdon, whom she had only met a party. Did the right thing, got married and had more kids. And then did the wrong thing and had an affair with his best friend.
She got divorced from Rob sixteen or so years later after they got divorced. The reason:
"Jesus, I can get more emotional support from eating chocolate or popping bubble wrap than seeking it from Robert."
Has a reputation for being a bit nasty and grumpy, even towards her own children, and once accused Sarah sleeping with Chester with no evidence whatsoever. Heated arguments was a detox for her on a daily basis. Even if it was as little as telling her partner, Figure F, also more commonly know around the house as David, to stop leaving the toilet seat up. What she lacks in her stature, she surely makes up for it in her attitude.
Now having to what Ravyn clearly described as 'having an emotional bomb implode on you' as a relationship should bring someone down and into the depths of depression? Nope. She reacted the opposite. She's assured herself that her attitude at times is harder than the cement driveway that leads up to the house that David had bought her, just because 'he was bored and wanted something to do'.
There was another dictator in this household. The passive kind. The implosive type. Gandhi met Bin Laden leader. It was him, himself, David.
David Draiman.
Also known as 'peebrain' 'woman with cancer' and 'jerk', all by his partner's family.
David's biography is short due to the fact that he's already been described as much as feasible. 'Woman with Cancer' name came out of Sarah's mouth because that's what she seriously thought he was when she first saw him standing at the door, looking on, as her mother greeted her at the car that her and her partner had arrived in.
But David was firm in his actions and in his words. He knew what he wanted and when, and if he could get it, he would go all the way to get it to go his way. Sarah had reckoned that all Jewish people were like that, because of what 1932 had done to them and the dates leading to Germany's fall in the 20th Century. But Mel shook that doubt off and reminded her that her father wasn't like that at all and both David and him followed the same practice. Just their ethics towards treating families were different, that's all.
Another unknown soldier lingering in the trenches in this family, well, extended family, but he was family to the eyes of Ravyn, (and somehow not treated like family because he didn't cop any verbal bashings like his wife did) because he had severely knocked up her daughter four times with one stone.
Jack White
Also known as 'John Gillis', 'Gilly' (Ravyn kept that nickname to herself as reference to an Australian cricketer), 'White Striper' 'Raconteur Guy', and just plain old 'Jack'. Viking went the way and publicly introduced Jack to a friend of Viking's as 'Jack Black' on purpose to take the loony out of him.
Because of her daughter's new husband and the name of him, Ravyn almost called her own daughter Jill several times, due to the nursery rhyme she had sung to her daughters when they were little, Jack and Jill.
Jack was from a Polish background and like Sarah's mother's taste in men, Sarah had 'banged' a rock star. He was a devout Catholic and loved woodwork and carpentry. And was also very scared of Ravyn and getting on the wrong side of her. He had gotten on Sarah's bad side a heap of times, so much, that he stopped opening his ears to what Sarah had to bitch on about. They've already had pointless arguments over ranging from what will be the new kitten's name and then the children's name. She wanted Brena, but Jack kindly said that there were going to be three girls on the way so that she could go nuts on the name. Jack didn't know how he lived with her sometimes. That and the alcohol abuse she went through before she put the chickens in the oven.
Now Jack had a completely idea of fatherhood to what he had been told to and be bitched by Ravyn about Rob's ideals of fatherhood. Jack swore that man needed to go to a mental institute along with his ex-wife to go put into a straight jacket or something that'll keep them from fidgeting.
Now the last part. And the best advice to anybody about a man yet to be put forth so far. The first figure, Figure A.
Robert Bourdon.
Also known as 'Rob', 'ill-raised', 'victimiser' and the list just goes on and on. There's not enough pages nor the space on this word document to detail all the names that he's been called. Mainly from Ravyn.
The only thing that has to be pointed out in this prologue is this quote to describe Rob:
"On the first day, God made the skies. On the second day, God made the animals. On the third day, God created man. On the fourth day, God made the green grass, and on the fifth day, Rob came and shitted over the green green grass and the earth and dragged the rest of us down with him into the fires and pits of Hell."
Amen.​

****​

*collapses...so tired...*​

There was a knock at the door. Then there was another one. And another one.
Sarah frowned as she groaned and covered her ears with the pillow underneath her head, hoping that it would get rid of the sound of someone knocking at the door. She frowned again as she realised that it wasn't going to block out the noise.
But the knocking continued.
She lifted her head to see what time it was.
8:19 a.m.
It read in big red block letters.
She turned her head the other way to see if Jack was up yet. It was one of those times where Sarah just needed her husband by her side. To get up and answer the door, of course. He wasn't there, which was a surprise seeing that the guy loved his sleep-ins. She groaned, again, she she rubbed her eyes knowing that the knocking wouldn't cease for she was afraid that her mother was the one behind the knocking at her front door/ Sarah sat and swung her feet over onto the floor and sat on the end of the bed for a second.
Another knock.
Sarah rubbed her eyes and stretched as she had never been woken up so early. No, that was a lie. It was just her exaggerating, considering that she was still tired and she was heavily hormonal. She rubbed her pregnant stomach and got to her feet. She walked down the hallway on the second floor and made her way down to the front door, yawning several times. She kept an eye out for any presence of her beloved husband who had a habit of disappearing on her when she was asleep and not leaving a note, and just no nothing to indict where his sorry little backside was at times.
She opened the door and she groaned. She was right it just had to be her mother.
"Why do you have to wake me up?" asked Sarah. "I put up with it for a majority of my life and I thought when I moved out there was a no knocking rule set in place when I moved in here. No knocking before ten! What part of that don't you understand?"
"You're really hormonal today aren't you?" asked Ravyn to her daughter, who let her in and closed the door behind her mother. And then she suddenly realised something. "Where did Jack go? It's all quiet and the television isn't blaring." Sarah shrugged as she walked off to have some breakfast. She was more tetchy about the fact that she hadn't had a smoke for a couple of months now because of the quads and her morning coffee, which in combination were her anti-drug for the day. Her mother followed Sarah as she knew her daughter had a habit of just walking off randomly. "How's the bubs going?" She continued on following her daughter.
"Kicking the crap out of me, as usual, so nothing strange there," her daughter answered, as she stopped in front of the pantry and opened it and Ravyn stood in the archway and leant against the wall, looking firmly at her daughter. "What is this, twenty questions?"
"What?" her mother asked innocently. "I just wanted to know if you were okay with the bubs and were that filth-bag had squandered off to." Sarah detached her eyes from looking inside the pantry doors and looked at her mother. "What? You give David crap, aren't I just that little bit entitled to giving you crap about your husband who is the one with the violent history."
"As much as you want to believe in your head that we're going to end up in abusive relationship, like you did with dad, I won't be going down that path," defended Sarah, somewhat offended by what her mother had just said to her. "Trust me, I saw enough of your fights with the old man to know what an abusive relationship was to end up the same way."
"How do you know that?" asked Ravyn.
"Mum, he attacked one person at a club one time, he pleaded guilty, got charged and got fined for it, he's learned his lesson when it comes to violent," answered Sarah. "And plus, you should know better than to accuse Jack of that, he is a devout Catholic."
"So what? His religion never stopped him from beating that guy up," pouted her mother. "It's a maternal thing, something you'll have when the quads decide to coming popping out at your other end and trust me, I ain't talking about your mouth."
"I learned that in high school, please do not lecture me on it," replied Sarah, as she closed the pantry doors as she realised that they were out of bread. Her craving was toast among a lot of other things. "Do you want to go get me breakfast?"
"Fat chance," snorted Ravyn, as her and her daughter left the kitchen to go sit down at the entertaining area outside. "You still haven't answered my question, where is Jack?"
"My guess, he's around somewhere, or failing that he's with Brendan and all those guys," answered Sarah, as she sat down on a chair and her mother sat down on her own chair beside her daughter. Her mother gave her a blank and confusing look to who or what Brendan could possibly mean to either herself or her son-in-law. "He's in the Raconteurs with the other Jack, another guy and yes, my husband Jack. See, he has more friends than David will have in his lifetime."
"Doubt it," pouted Ravyn. "Why do you hate David so much?"
"Why do you hate Jack so much?" Sarah gave her mother a sharp look. "You never objected to us getting married."
"What?" asked Ravyn as though she had just been insulted and it had been the insult of a lifetime. "I never knew that you were getting married. I barely knew that you were with in the first place. I could also ask you the same question about why you never objected to my marriage to David."
"I wasn't even there to begin with and I did make it clear that I didn't want any knowledge about you and that, thing, you've given the name David to," answered Sarah, as she found her excuse more justified then her mother's excuse. "And plus, it's not my fault that I had told you earlier that I was going to be on tour with Jack to promote his new album."
"See! This is what I mean whenever I say you're uncivil about David, you hardly know that guy and yet, you have the guts to judge him automatically and therefore, he's the worst person around to you," Ravyn just had to try and make it clear to her daughter, but she knew it was better talking to a brick wall than to talk to her daughter. "If this is going to lead to you trying to get me back together with that Rob, I mean, your father, don't even think about it." Ravyn shook her head in defiance. "You know my reasons why I got with David in the manner that I did and I don't want to find myself repeating those exact reasons like I have before many a times, not only to you, but to the kids that I gave life to as well. Can't you just accept the fact that I'm happy with David?"
"No," answered Sarah, blunt as ever.
"You didn't even need to tell me the answer, I already knew what the answer was," snapped Ravyn, as she got to her feet, feeling that much offended that she just wanted to leave her daughter's house.
"Ma, sit down, you're being irrational," Sarah told her mother, but her mother just shook her head, gave her daughter one more angry look and started her journey storming out of the house.
She bumped into Jack, who looked a bit confused to why Ravyn didn't even greet her own son-in-law and just left, slamming the door behind her. He came out to the outside backyard entertaining area, as he had just seen Ravyn come out from there and assumed Sarah was there.
Sarah and him met each other's eyes.
"What is she on about this time, let me guess, you started on David again?" asked Jack, as Sarah nodded slowly. "Give her a break why don't you? She's only human after all."
"But it's David we're talking about, the man who's trying to replace my father in my life," grumbled Sarah, as she detached eye contact with Jack and looked ahead of her. "It's the principle."
****​

Wow, could you sound anymore like me with the principle's part? That's a very real trait I have - you obviously inheritted it. As for pickin on David I dunno why you continuously feel the need to do that - but as far as pertians to said story, go nuts I say! Oh and amused as all hell to read some of the things I've said to you in chat and during RP actually showed up in this. Wow. Now suddenly it's all making sense. I like for the most part - except I wish Rav had stayed put and not stormed the hell out. She used to be such a fiery thing *sigh* See what leaving Rob has done to her? She's lost her will to argue that's what... but all in all so far so good.
Chuckled to myself after your 'I'm sick of having kids in these stories!' rant yu went out and 'knocked yourself up' so to speak in this one with four at once. What are you a masochist as well?
XD

****​

It was a couple of hours after Sarah had made her mother storm out in a fit of anger and had once made it clear, that she didn't like David to her mother's face. But knowing her mother, she would be stubborn as hell and wouldn't listen to a single thing that Sarah had to say for herself. She would just find ways to put Jack down behind his back and find more ways to try and provoke her to say awful stuff about David, in which half the time she didn't even mean.
Jack sat down beside her, shoving food into his mouth like a machine, as Sarah watched what was playing out in front of her.
"Why does she have to be like that?" Sarah finally broke the silence, between her and her husband, and also made Jack stop shoving too much food down his throat than what he could handle. Jack and Sarah met eyes, but Jack's expression told Sarah that he didn't know what the hell she was on about. "You know, why does she have to be so pro-David all the time? They act as though they've been married for eternity, the times that I've seen them together, and those times I really wanted to throw up all over the floor."
"Maybe cos, they really love each other...?" hinted Jack. "And why do you have to find any excuse to hate him? Like your mother has said to you a number of times, why can't you be happy that she's found someone?"
"Please, don't you start on me, I'm not your child if you haven't noticed these maternity clothes that I'm wearing, but hello! I am pregnant with your kids!" Jack shook his head in disgust and went back to shoving food down his throat and rolled his eyes. Sarah saw it and frowned. "What? Are you my mother suddenly?" Sarah gave her husband a sharp look, as Jack shook his head. "He's going to end up like my father to her. All I'm waiting now is for her to tell me that she's pregnant with his alien kid."
"You're taking this out of proportion, entirely," replied Jack. "She's your mother. Show your mother some respect at least, especially after the break up with your dad. I mean, I'm no relationship expert here, or maybe it's just me coming out of a large family, but seriously cut her some slack." Sarah shook her head at him. "Sorry to take your mother's side on this, but seriously, you're acting so childish over this."
"I can't help it if I'm hormonal at times," grumbled Sarah.
"Stop using that as an excuse," replied Jack, as he finished shoving food down his throat and flicked his black hair out of his face. "I'm getting rather sick of that excuse for your bickering with your mother. What would it take for you to be happy with what you've got?"
"Ah, David and Ma to break up and I would never have to hear or live another day with his name being used as though they are two love-sick teenagers," answered Sarah.
"Well, that I've already figured out for myself," Jack rolled her eyes. "You need to calm down a bit about this whole situation. I hate to sound like taking sides here, but what have your other siblings said about this? I have witnessed how large your twin sister's mouth can expand when talking about gossip, that's all."
"They haven't said anything, as usual, they always say something at the last minute, when it's too late," answered Sarah. "Why do I feel like I'm being suddenly victimised because of my mother's negative actions?"
"You're not," answered Jack, blankly. "I was just telling you what I thought that's all. You know that's what married couples do, share thoughts."
"Did I marry Jack White or my mother?" Sarah frowned. "If you're so like my mother, why didn't you be the one to **** her and not David or my father?"
"That's getting irrational," frowned Jack. "Stop it Sarah, you're working yourself up for no good reason and you need to calm down, right about now."
"Fine, in that case," Sarah got to her feet, still in the process of getting hormonally angry at her husband and she somewhat felt like her mother angry at her father for a second, but she shook that memory of them fighting one evening in the kitchen off, and refocused her attention back on Jack. "I'm going to bed. You can sleep on the couch."
"Sarah!" yelled Jack, taking a quick look at his watch on his hand and frowned. "It's only three in the afternoon. Now you're exaggerating. Sarah, please don't do this." Sarah took one look at her husband and left Jack sitting in front of the television with the bowl of food still in one hand and the look of confusion still planted across his face.​

****​

****​
"You're what?!" asked Sarah, as her mother faced her the next day, in the house that she shared with David but David was nowhere to be seen. "****ing hell....what a nightmare this has turned out to be."
"Sarah!" snapped Ravyn, suddenly angry at her daughter, but was also on the brink of tears. "I'm telling you, and I've only told one person that is you, about this. Your siblings are too far away and I don't think they'll understand right now." Sarah sat back in her couch, rubbing her pregnant stomach and thinking. Ravyn frowned. "Please, don't do that around me right now."
"Do what?" asked Sarah.
"That!" she exclaimed, pointing to Sarah rubbing her stomach.
"Oh," replied Sarah. "Sorry." Sarah cheekily smiled, as Ravyn went back to fretting about how she was going to tell David. "How are you going to tell him?"
"I don't know," her mother answered, looking a bit dazed and confused. And then she realised something. "Wait. Are you being civil with me for once?" Sarah shrugged. "Good lord."
"Do you want me to be uncivil?" asked Sarah.
"I don't want you to go back to normal mode, thank you," Ravyn replied, as Sarah wiped the smile off her face. "I'm serious. I don't know what to do. How am I supposed to tell David?"
"How about don't?" asked Sarah. "I wanted a month to tell Jack and everyone else about me being pregnant."
"I'm not like your father like you are," commented Ravyn, bluntly. Sarah frowned at such a comment but she didn't say anything just incase she made her mother more emotional to what she already was.
Sarah wanted to say something but she had decided that it was best for her not know what she was thinking. Out of everything that could happen in her past it had to involve David, her new stepfather and now what new revelations have reveled, the father to her unborn child. Sarah opened her mouth to say something but she didn't say anything. But decided that her mother would get onto her about not saying anything and that could lead to dangerous words and then to heartbreak that would head towards her mother's way and that was the last thing Sarah wanted to put her mother through.
"Where's David?" asked Sarah, trying to make conversation with her mother as her mother sighed and drooped her eyes to the floor.
"Went out for the day," answered Sarah's mother. "And before you ask, I'm not going through with this child."
"Why?" asked Sarah, feeling somewhat relieved at the fact that she wouldn't have another sister or brother to take care of. But at the same time she looked at the situation as any mother would and felt a bit worried. She couldn't shake off either feeling.
"I have my reasons," Ravyn answered, still looking at the floor as though it had the answers to all of her questions that she's ever posed in life. "As much as I know it'll hurt him, seeing how much he wants a family, I'm not going to go through with it." Sarah nodded her head slowly, as her mother looked back up from the floor and looked to her daughter. "Hows....?" She trailed off in her sentence.
"How's what?" asked her daughter, frowning at her mother's inability to finish off a sentence for once.
"How's Jack and how's the bubs going?" asked Ravyn. She felt somewhat bad for asking that as she knew her daughter had the perfect marriage. Ravyn felt somewhat envious that her daughter had this perfect marriage and was settling down with kids on the way.
"Ah, you saw him today, you know you could've asked him or were you so much in spit of anger that you forgot to see him and ask him yourself?" asked Sarah, somewhat reminding her mother of that morning's actions when her mother had stormed out of her house in a fit of rage and she somewhat got in trouble from Jack for 'being childish'.
"I'm sorry about this morning's episode," Ravyn found herself apologising, which was not normal and even Sarah caught onto this abnormal behaviour. "Like yourself, I'm a bit tetchy and emotional."
"That isn't going to get you out of giving Jack an apology for the way you treated him," remarked Sarah.
"Then, if that be that case, you owe David an apology for the way that you treat him on a daily basis," retorted Ravyn, as Sarah shook her head. "See. You can deal the **** out but you can't take it. You're exactly like your father in that case." Sarah shook her head again, but this time with a frown on her face, angry at the fact that her mother had compared her father to herself, again. "You're an adult now, you can use your words instead of shaking your head at me though you're a three year old." Sarah rolled her eyes. "And don't roll your eyes at me."
"You know, I am married, I am having kids of my own right pretty soon, and I don't need to be lectured by a mother who's currently having an alien's child in the not so near future," replied Sarah, bitterly, as she got to her feet to help herself to her mother's pantry.
"What did I just say?" pouted Ravyn, as she got to her feet to see what her child was up to. She crossed her arms. "I'm not going through with it. Thanks for that Sarah, repeating my wounds."
"Well, at least I know now that a mini E.T. isn't going to pop out of my mother and into this world," Sarah muttered under her breath as she entered the kitchen. "It would be letting the black plague into this world, again."
"What was that, something about the black plague?" asked Ravyn as Sarah spun around and realised that her mother was listening to her mumbles.
"Just talking about Viking's birth," smiled Sarah, innocently. "Nothing that we both don't already know."
"Just do me a favour, can you?" asked her mother, as Sarah slowly nodded. "Please, don't tell Jack or David, or anyone that's likely to leak this whole-me-being-pregnant-again business? The last thing is to have your father find out and you'll know what" he'll be like. Promise?"
"Do I have to?" asked Sarah.
"Do you want to live?" asked Ravyn.
"Is that a threat?" asked Sarah.
"Yes," answered Ravyn. "Until the quads are born you'll never know the attributes to maternal threats. No telling Jack, no telling your sisters and your brother, and a big no-no, telling your father. He'll hit the roof quicker than David attempting to flip pancakes."
****​

I like. But wow I see so much of our old convo's creeping in. Awesome for that - you actually almost have my exact dialogue happening there, which makes it that much more 'personal' in some sense. Glad to see the old family tensions continue in a new way - and am wondering what Ravyn's justification is in not wanting to have her child after years of being a kind of human vending machine. Also wondering if the answer didn't lay between the lines in what Ravyn didn't say to Sarah regarding her envy of Sarah's apparent 'perfect' marriage? Trouble in paradise already huh? Shame, seeing as how Rob and David are seemingly polarities apart you'd have to wonder why things aren't working out for the family now Rob's not on the scene (as dominant father figure, I meant)
Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back