The Devil Wears Prada.

ShinodaBear

Live. Love. Laugh.
Saw my share of movie previews and this week is The Devil Wears Prada. For those of you who have seen the preview in theatres: yes, the preview is literally the first 5 mins of the movie.

Anywho, I went into this movie with no expectation, I wasn't even sure what it was about. Basically, the movie is about some typical looking girl who wants to be a journalist and ends up working for a fashion magazine working as an assistant for one of the biggest fasion icons ever. The moral ends up to be like "Stand up for yourself and don't leave your friends." THere were hilarious lines but the movie was very weak. Acting / script was great, everything else I really didn't care much for. Let's leave this movie for fashion freaks.

The final vertict: 6.9 / 10

Wondering what movies I think rocked this year? Compare your tastes with mine!
Other Movies i've seen/rated this year:
Superman Returns :: 8.3
Click:: 7.1 / 10
The Lake House:: 8.6 / 10
The Break Up:: 5.5 / 10
Over the Hedge:: 7.9 / 10
X3: The Last Stand:: 9.7 / 10
Da Vinci Code:: 8.3 / 10
Just My Luck:: 5.5 / 10
United 93:: Unscorable.
Take the Lead:: 6.4 / 10
Silent Hill:: 8.1 / 10
Thank You For Smoking:: 7.5 / 10
Scary Movie 4:: 7.2 / 10

Lucky Number S7EVIN:: 9.3 /10
Slither:: 7.7 / 10
Ice Age 2:: 6.4 / 10
Stay Alive:: 5.6 / 10
She's the Man:: 8.1 / 10
V for Vendetta:: 8.0 / 10

Failure to Launch:: 7.3 / 10
Date Movie :: 6.2 / 10
Final Destination 3:: 6.0 / 10
Nanny McFee :: 6.9 / 10
When a Stranger Calls :: 7.5 / 10
Brokeback Mountain :: 9.6 / 10
Tristan and Isolde :: 7.1 / 10
Hostel :: 6.9 / 10
Grandma's Boy :: 6.8 / 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Brkng_Th_Hbt said:
ShinodaBear, you have the coolest job ever. Haha. (You get to see movies before they come out, right?)

Don't think I'd care for this movie.
Why thank you. :)

allieking said:
doesn't sound like my kind of movie. well you have saved me a trip to see it lol

i wanna know if the hills have eyes is any good because i'm watching it tonight.
I actually saw that movie, i'm surprised I forgot to put it on the list. I'll add it on my next review... which is going to be Pirates 2!

Let me tell you, do not eat anything when you watch the movie (Hills have Eyes), it's so graphic.

I didn't like the Da Vinci code that much. I had to pause and explain whole time what was giong on. So according to me, If you had'nt read the book, you couldn't understand anything!
I expected the movie to be better =/
I realy like Tom Hanks' hair though XD

Lmao. I was about to go watch this movie at 10:40.. (it's 10:05) =O
Err yeah, I've only seen a couple movies...
But I think 'When a Stranger Calls' has got to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
And 'Prime' is a completley pointless, unenjoyable movie.
Plus those two both have terrible endings.
But that's just me. :D

I loved the hills have eyes. I just bought it. It is one of the best horror films to be on the big screen in a long time. With the exception of Saw!

Back