The LPF Band - Be A Part Of It !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterdea

Terrorhawk
As we know LPF is currently a boring place. Here is an attempt to live nthe place up. We need to know who here plays what instrument, who here can record, who here can write, mix etc. We want to try start up a band and if possible a second.
If we only get one: make music, sure.
If we get two: competitions would be super fun. Like for example "write a rap song and record it" or "play umbrella by Rihanna in the style of the offspring" or **** liek that. then we vote a winner.
lets discuss?

Well, I can help you control all this stuff if you want, seeing as how you are on LPF every once and awhile, and I am on like every day (wow i fail)

I play guitar btw, not amazing, but hey, always getting better

I can Mix but im not interested, i will if i have to though.
I can do vocals not too bad...
I can bass like a 2 year old...
I can write probably better then I do all 3 things put together

But I will most likely be the one to maintain the competition.

As for help, I suppose it would be cool to have some, but not too much. Only a small few amount of people.

I can do rappy vocals and such, check stuff out at myspace.com/flightbymidnight
The guy you hear rapping and screaming is me haha.

Viva La Blonde Artihmetic!

Not really interested though, I havent got good recording gear at my house and it costs too much for me to book studio time.

I play guitar, some keyboards, glockenspiel, the occasional percussion, probably some bass too

what I can record decently would be guitar, and maybe keys

So heres what we have so far:
Vocals: FM2005, Peterdea*
Guitar: DarknessLover, Friðbjörn
Bass: Friðbjörn*, Peterdea*
Drum: Jeezy, Friðbjörn*
Kayboard: woodyloveslinkin, Friðbjörn*
Mixing: Jeezy
*-Only if really needed.

Anyone like to generate drum beats? Or can generate good sounding instruments, I suppose that can work to, although non generated sounds are better... Either will do.

I can generate some drum beats either with a keyboard or a multi effect, but they won't really do much good save for continuous loops, I can't make a changing beat with it, like start/stop or change tempo or time signature

I could do bass with a bass effect on a guitar, doesn't sound great but it isn't horrible
and I don't play virtuoso keyboard stuff with both hands on full speed, just little ditties here and there mostly but I can do some keyboarding...

I can also do drum beats and electronic kinda stuff like synths and efx

also can do some mixing and if needed normalize audio so every track has the same pitch and all

I also think we should just make it one band...I don't know about that whole competition thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Only real things I can do at home is mixing + mastering and can help guide song in direction and give suggestions (think producer :p)

^I think we could use some good producing
we have a bunch of musicians, but I don't think we have many mixing tools to make it sound good

I can mix okay as long as it's not like dragonforce or something. Then I can play electric guitar, bass, have access to a few digital instruments; keyboard, cello, violin, stringed bass, drums then at a little lower quality (but definately useable) I have music box, vibraphone, organ, sitar, among 115 others. For vocals, I have a few programs that will make your voice sound a little prettier.

examples
drums
bass
strings
keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back