The Park: Apocolypse (Discussion)

DarknessLover

So a good amount of members remember The Park, the Writers Corner true to life collaboration. Well i have gotten the okay to start a twist version. A dark, evil twist. Basically imagine The Park + Zombies + Other Fellow "Peers." So beyond just trying to live your life within a dark shelter, a story is added where you have to support yourself and others, if you want.

Back story: The United States and North Korea were at war. The battle was weak, no ground being made, no damage done. Eventually, Kim Jung Il decided it was time for new war to being, with the introduction of a new BioHazard only known as "Gas Z." "Gas Z" was bombed upon the US in all major cities, Hollywood, New York City, Washington D.C., and more. The effects were unknown at the time. But the US fired back with a similar product. North Korea expecting the attack, was able to stop most Bio-Nukes by sending them into other countries, but failing to stop them all, Korea was immediately under effect, thousands of civilians hit the floor soon after the bombing. The United States was at victory.

Six Months Later.

Most of Asia has no communications, but few did make it out of the blackout. Reports of cannabalism, murder, and death fill the airs. Panic strikes the world. The United States now beings having reports of people randomly passing out, and dying. Within only a week after the first report, towns start to get quarantined, then states. Only a few people made it out of some of the quarantined states, one man reporting "My brother...we were at his funeral when banging inside the bang shattered the silence he then broke open the casket, and grabbed my wife...eating her......"

Seven Months Later.

America is now in the dark...and this is where you are. You are a survivor, and you stumble upon a shelter from the outside. Slowly but surely you enter, and you are assigned a room within the building, as you walk through, you see people crying, people injecting drugs, screaming, and loud music. You know this place may be a shelter, but is it more a jail? You reach your room. Welcome to "The Park" one of the many settlements in America that can protect you from the horrors outside. Will you become a friend of everyone? Work in a scouting party? Keep a journal? Kill fellow survivors for property? That is your choice...

Basic Rules would be:

You must post (at least) once every other day.
You may only make one post a day.
If you want to include a LPF member in yours that is a part of the story, please ask their promission
- In doing so, make sure your two stories are correct with eachother, and there are no contradictory facts.
Be serious please, dont be some super rich super jacked man with 10 bitches, remember. This IS a Apocolypse, you should have little to nothing.

Interesting New Things Compared to the Original "The Park"

Once a week a new update willl be made including

Low Food : You need someone to incorporate hunting and gathering supplies/food.
Low ammo : Same thing but for weapons/ammo
Low Supplies : Someone needs to collect wood/metal to rebuild barricades
Gang Attack : Occasionaly other settlements will attempt to attack "The Park" for slaves and supplies (This also means as a member of the Park, you can collaborate Gang Attacks against other settlements)

Failure to have someone complete one of the upper things can result in...

No Food : Someone must die via starvation
No Ammo : Zombie Outbreak within "The Park"
No Supplies : Zombies can get inside (Having good ammo supply, can counteract this problem)
Death : You can either kill a roomate (if you decided to bring one, this does not have to be a LPF Member) or a LPF Member must die from a Gang Attack
Sacrifice : A Gang will trade their attacks for one member (Either a roomate you bring with you, or yourself, you have to give yourself in, or be voted by the other Members as a sacrifice.

P.S. the Fort will be drawn up soon, so you can see how it works, i've got a good idea on this one.

SOOOOO who is interested, i put all the thought behind it, the least you could all do is participate lol. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

~DarknessLover

Note: If you have a question please refer to post #3 before asking.

Current Participants:

DarknessLover
Ravynlee
Peterdea

Dude I am SO into this I could kiss you (well, not realistically, but you know what I mean) - this is awesome, and so much more thought out than before. I'm very impressed. I'm a tad confused, but I am very impressed. So the idea is we write ourselves wandering into this camp, as you describe... and everyone writes their own experiences? Can we bring in a friend? Oh wait, I think you already mentioned that (roommate)
And let me see if I get this straight. If say 5 of us LPFers were to agree. And say 4 write something but 1 misses deadline, the rest of us or you write that member out in some form or another (in one of the ways you described) is that what you mean?
Man, I am stoked. I love these end-of-the-world things (as I said earlier today to Nailz) - and I'm almost certain if Pete knows about this he's in too - he loves zombies probably more than any of us!
Count me in! I'm going to start penning something tonight!
One more thing - We're in America, but where exactly? Is the place so badly falling to ruin or we are so disoriented we don't know where we are?? (could work)
Just curious is all.
Again a HUGE thumbs up from me. Copying this info as we speak. Hope to have something up in the next few days. When's the cut-off period for signing up?

You mentioned a few details i couldn't think of at 1:30 a.m. lol.

Ravynlee: Can we bring in a friend? Oh wait, I think you already mentioned that (roommate)

A: You got it, the Roomate can be someone from LPF, or anyone really, hell, let's see how someone like Chester Bennington, Jonathan David, or even Mike Myers can handle a zombie apocolypse!

Ravynlee: If say 5 of us LPFers were to agree. And say 4 write something but 1 misses deadline, the rest of us or you write that member out in some form or another (in one of the ways you described) is that what you mean?

A: Well we can both remember people falling behind a lot in the original Park, so lets say, if with out reason I forget to type something in for a week, i would have to have died, like finding my body dead in my bedroom. I could come back later, but i couldn't be myself, so I would have to start from scratch, almost like losing a game, and starting a new save. If you think you won't be around for a week make sure you write in your story something like "I am going to be out scouting for ammo for the next week, I will try to come back soon" so you can cover the ammo problem for a week AND you can also have no problem being gone!

Ravynlee: One more thing - We're in America, but where exactly? Is the place so badly falling to ruin or we are so disoriented we don't know where we are?? (could work)

A:I will have to think about this one, the area itself won't be specific. but in general the area will be something along the lines of a mini city/suburb in/around New York (to follow the original "The Park") I guess the Bronx would be close to the idea, but a bit more open with various local parks that have an acre of land at the least, I will find a picture trying to decribe it exactly.

Ravynlee: When's the cut-off period for signing up?

A: I want at minimum four people to be in "The Park" before I start it up.

Thank you for showing interest, and participating, it is highly appreciated, spread the word!

Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply! So you know, I already wrote up 2 pages last night, so eager to start when others get on board. I've been asking people @ the other place but so far no response - Sarah's declined, sorry. But yeah, I'm in. And looking forward to seeing fort too. I tried to be vague with my descriptions deliberately to start, using the old 'cover of night' line to justify it. Already got plans for more updates in the works!

Back