The Trial

Pheonix791989

Believe: MindFreak
I know its been a while since I've been on here or wrote anything in a while. gotta love the school year and crap like that. Umm right now I'm trying to decide on the setting for the story but I'll have a general idea soon... but I'll post the introduction/prologue thingy so here we go.

Intro

Dave rubbed his eyes after another tiresome show. He was stressed, his back ached from lack of an actual bed. He had been feeling depressed and listening to Pink Floyd wasn't helping. Chester, his hotel mate was being hyperactive and not allowing him to get any sleep any time soon. Running a hand over the back of his head, he sighed. Chester punched Dave in the shoulder before flopping down on the bed.
"Night man."
Chester mumbled. Dave grumbled a response before falling back face down in the pillow. He let out another grunting sigh before finally drifting off to sleep.
Knock, knock knock.
Dave groaned and Chester swore loudly.
"You get it."
Dave grunted in Chester's direction. Chester growled loudly into his pillow before shoving it aside and sliding off of the bed, the sheets all tangled around him. Dave sat up as a glare of light from the hallway.
"Yeah?"
Chester drawled. He opened the door a little wider to see two larger men decked out in bullet proof vests and military style pants and boots. Dave shaded his eyes to see they were both carrying rifles and standard issued police hand guns. Dave shivered, there was something about the two of them that un-nerved him, he could tell that chester was shaken by them.
"David Michale Farrell, Chester Charles Bennington, You're to come with us."
The larger man said. Chester crossed his arms and put on a slight snarl.
"what are the charges?"
"No charges, you need to come with us."
"hell no!"
Chester growled. The smaller man drew his gun so quickly and a small pamph went off. Chester fell to the floor, unconscious. With a nod from the larger man, the smaller dude then turned his gun towards Dave, who tried to move. He felt a sting in his shoulder where he saw a dart sticking out. A knock out dart.
"Pussies."
he growled. Dave blacked out. When he came to, he was sitting in a room with Chester, still in his boxer-breifs, a chick who looked to be only 18 years old, a guy who looked like a new school version of the crow without the makeup, and young kid who must have been in the military. Dave groaned as he shivered, he still wasnt wearing a shirt. The girl was already awake, eying Dave, Chester and the Crow dude with intrest.
"who the hell are you."
Chester growled, holding his head in his hands.
"I'm Atreu, Markswoman, martial artist, and avid artist. that dude over there is Criss Angel. I'm surprised they actually got him. Dont know who the other kid is."
Atreu said in a soft voice.
"Great, a ninja, two rockstars and a two-bit magician."
Chester growled. Criss was about to say something but was cut off by Atreu,
"Don't you dare call him a two-bit magician! He's an illusionist, an artist in a way you wouldnt understand."
She growled. Someone cleared their throat, making the whole group look up. It was the same pair that came to call on each person.
"You'd better start fighting and learn to get along. Your survival depends on it."
"what do you mean?"
"My name is Officer Hayes. This is Officer Connor. We are Federal Special Tatics And Rescue Squad. And you my friends have been chosen to investigate what the government believes to be two places where some mysterious murders have occurred. We believe that there is a connection between the two places. One of you might have heard of atleast one of the places. Armagosa Hotel..."
Criss picked his head up and raised an eyebrow.
"and the Waverly hills Sanatorium. We believe the murders that have occured in the last few months are a result of either occult or paranormal activity."
Criss scoffed.
"I can assure you that there is no such thing as paranormal activity in that particular area."
He said in a confident voice. A folder was placed on the table in front of them and then Officer Hayes hit buttons on a little swipe pad. The area was changed into a locker room with weapons.
"You'll be sent there to investigate both places. If you refuse you will be killed. Officer Connor will help you investigate."
"What did we get into phi?"
Chester whined. Dave shook his head.
"I dont know chaz man. I just hope we live."

yeah dosent look like anyone is really reading but I am going to have fun with this story if it kills me. lol or maybe some of my characters.

Ch 01 Darkness surrounding

The hummer rattled over the rocky road as they went to the place where they were supposed to investigate. An eerie silence fell over the truck, no one said a word. Dave shifted in his seat uneasily under his Kevlar vest, the butt of his rifle jamming into his leg where his survival knife was strapped. From what Dave could see, they were on a lone desert road. The Twilight area gave him a sense of unease as he watched over the drivers shoulder. Chester lit up a cigarette and took a drag. Dave watched the smoke spiral in an intricate design over his shoulder. The girl, Atreu, made a face and waved her hand in front of her nose. Dave cracked a small smile, he as well didn't like the acrid smell of burning tobacco. Criss was up front in the cab of the Hummer with the officer and the military kid didn't look as if he was too overjoyed at being stuck with the present company. There was a loud thump and the truck slid to a stop, throwing everyone against their restraints.
"What the hell?"
Chester wondered as he burnt a hole in his pants. Dave gave a small smile. Officer Connor looked back to make sure that every one was alright.
"Get out there and check it out."
Dave unstrapped the harness and snapped the safety off of his gun. Watching Atreu and the Military guy work was almost systematic. He envied them slightly as they both moved in formation with Criss. Dave had to give the magician his props. Atreu took control of the three of them and did a systematic sweep of the area. Dave frowned , the area was covered in a fog and it looked as if there was snow falling.
"alright Mr. Magician explain this one."
Chester snarled. Atreu glared at him to be quiet until they finished checking the area. Once they gave the area the clear signal, they started to fan out.
"Pair up and search for anything that might give us a clue to whats been going on."
Officer Connor instructed. Dave went to pair up with Chester, but Chester was drug to the side of the officer. Dave sighed then paired up with Atreu. In the distance they could see a small hotel, Criss noticeably shivered as he looked at it.
"what are we looking for again?"
Dave asked in an uncertain voice, Atreu shrugged her shoulders and stepped forward in a cautious manner, her eyes sweeping the ground. Dave mimiced her movements, watching her and keeping his gun at the ready.
"Anything I'm guessing...."
Atreu tripped over something as they were less then a yard from the hotel. It was a large rock on which something was written in what looked like blood. Dave knelt down beside her, and they both read what was on the rock:
Ye shall repent lest the wrath of God shall rain upon thee,
The sinful life that you lead will bring you to the ultimate destruction.
The belief in material gods shall show the inner demons and torment,
Darkness shall be cast before you and envelope you whole.
But those who seek the seal of the Metatron shall have help.
Prophets. Two of them.
The one who speaks - and he will, at great lengths, whether you want him to or not
- will make mention of himself as a prophet.
The other one, he's the quiet type, but he'll be helpful just the same.

Leading on the path to redemption shall bring about dawn through the road of night.
"What's all that supposed to mean? and why do I have a feeling of Deja vu?"
Dave asked. Atreu shrugged her shoulders as she picked up something. It was a small circular medallion with a cross on it. Atreu pocketed it and stood up, giving the ground another look around while Criss and his partner came around a corner. All of the groups converged at the entrance of the small hotel. A figure in the door way jerked and twisted in a walking like manner as if it was writhing in agony.
"What the hell..."
The boy asked as he raised his rifle. Atreu pulled out the .9mm and aimed it at the creature, letting her rifle swing down. Dave did the same thing as the creature took another jerking step forward, twitching as it looked like the bones were shifting and moving under the skin. Chester looked as if he was going to be sick. Dave smirked slightly as Chester then proceeded to puke on the ground. Darkness began to creep across the ground, it was like watching the cracks in glass expand and then shatter in slow motion. The officer then proceeded to talk to it and ask the creature questions. Dave shook his head and kept his pistol trained on the monstrosity. Dave's throat went dry as the creature launched itself at the officer.

yeah yeah yeah no one reading but renee. know how that is. its all good.

ch 02 Run like Hell

Dave watched the officer dive under the creatures grip, shooting bullets as it turned. The bullets slammming into the creatures flesh wasn't enough to stop it from coming. It continued to writh and thrash around under the skin as its faceless head turned towards the rest of the group. Dave remembered something in the back of his mind, Bludgeoning and piercing. In video games the bludgeoning weapons had a better effect then the piercing ones.
"stop shooting! Waste of bullets!"
Dave shouted. Dave's eyes searched the ground, he looked up when he saw Atreu picking up a crow bar and twirled it in her hands, she had the same idea that he did. He found a broken off piece of led pipe in front of him as he and Atreu jumped on the creature, wrenching it off of the officer. There Dave and Atreu proceeded to hit the creature. There was a sickening crunch as metal hit the creature, one bone crushing blow after another. Criss then joined in, hitting it with the butt of his rifle. It gave a loud piercing shriek of death, splattering blood every where and spraying ever one in the near vicinity. Dave wiped the blood from the side of his face with the back of his hand as he pulled up the sleeves of his underarmour shirt.
"Nice thinking."
Criss said.
"Basic video game tatics man. didn't you ever play them?"
Dave asked Criss. Criss shook his head as he brushed his short hair aside.
"Creatures like that cant be effected by bullets unless its a scatter shot from a shot gun."
Dave pointed out. Atreu nodded before keeping a tight grip on her crowbar.
"that or fire."
she said shaking her head.
"Wait where did chester go?"
Dave asked looking around. The group looked around to see that chester wasn't around.
"He succumbed to the darkness."
A voice said. The darkness was slowly ebbing away and they could see a young girl about 17-18 years old standing in the frame of the door. She had fiery red hair and a vampire-esque look about her.
"When one walks the twilight road, eventually the uncertainty will breed fear, and fear breeds darkness."
She said before turning into the hotel and running off.
"After her! Pair off!"
Officer Connor shouted. Dave paired off with Atreu and Criss while the military kid went with the officer. Dave was told to take the left wing and the workers dorms while the other wings and theater. Criss swallowed.
"there's a dark presence in here..."
Criss said as he held a shaky hand out.
"Mary and her killer?"
Atreu asked. Criss shook his head.
"I can feel Mary, but she's scared. Even more scared then before. Even the killer is scared of this presence."
Criss said as he held a breath, closing his eyes.
"Who's MAry?"
Dave asked. Instead of Criss answering it was Atreu.
"Mary was a little girl who was killed here by a worker a long time ago."
Criss wiped his eyes. Atreu put a hand on his shoulder, looking a tad bit surprised to see that the normally unflappable Criss Angel was a tiny bit shaken. He took another step as he crossed himself and offered up a small prayer. Atreu did the same thing and the both of them started to say a prayer, one in greek the other in english.
"What are you two doing?"
"you heard, you read...."
Atreu said to dave as she showed the Seal of the Metatron. Atreu led them down the hallway as she started opening doors. After the fifth door, they heard something outside of a window. Atreu held up a hand to get them to be silent. The wall where the window was had a huge hole in it.
"outside, look around, stay close."
She said. the three of them stepped close as the headed over the low brick area. Outside was grey and they were starting to hear music. It wasnt eerie. Criss and Atreu bopped their heads to the beat of the music. There were two figures standing against the wall beside them, moving heir heads to the beat. their arms were crossed and the larger, darker haired one was smoking a cigarette.
"you sup dudes? I'm Jay, this is Silent Bob, my Heterosexual life mate. you know where the hell we are? I mean come on one day we were just chilling in front of the store in Jersey and then we fall asleep and WAM! we're here. Why the **** are you carrying guns? Why the hell do you have a lead pipe dude? why is this chick looking at me like I'm ****ing crazy and like she's going to ****ing hit me with a crowbar? Dude these people are ****ing nuts!"
Silent Bob looked at Jay with raised eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders before taking another drag. Dave sighed,
"Lets just keep looking."
"Looking for what dude? I seen too much scary **** around here to stay out here! we're coming with you!"
"If you don't shut up I'm gonna put a bullet through your head and not even think twice."
Dave snarled at Jay, who backed off.
"I'll shut up just take us with you."
"Alright."

ch 03 stricken

There was a click and for a moment Atreu held her breath, she really thought that dave was going to put a bullet in that stoners tiny brain. There was a laughter as the group headed back into the grey room. The red haired girl was standing in the door frame, she giggled before running off.
"After her!"
Atreu shouted. the group chased after her into the hall way, going down one way and then around corners in a rat race like maze.
"dare you dare you double double dare you."
came the laughter from the girl as they were lead to another dead end.
"Damn it!"
Dave growled as the two guys came behind them. Silent bob looked at Jay with a questioning look. Jay shrugged and whispered to his friend,
"must be chasing that chick."
"what the **** is that girl?"
Atreu said as she slumped against the wall in a sad manner. Jay shrugged and flounced up to her and leaned against the wall beside her.
"Chill little lady. Jay's here to hook you up..."
She punched him in the arm and then gave a small smile. Dave let out a sigh and twirled the pipe between his hands. Jay rubbed his arm furiously, silent bob rolled his eyes as jay gave him a thumbs up.
"lets keep moving. we arnt going to catch anything standing here."
Atreu said as she let out a small sigh and hitched her rifle up. Suddenly things went dark and the grey aura that the place started to give off was slowly slipping away to a harsh dark light. there was a slow grinding sound and then the laughter of the red haired girl again.
"Run!"
Criss shouted. The entire group started to run as the sound of grinding metal grew closer. they split up at a T-section , Dave, Atreu and Jay going one way with Criss and Silent bob going in the other direction.
"we lost em!"
Dave shouted as he came against a wall, drawing out his handgun. Atreu handed Jay an extra handgun.
"Dont shoot us. shoot at the creatures when we tell you."
she said, steadying her own, waiting for the creatures to come around the corner.

ch 04 call an audible

three guns were held at a steady level, one shaking more then the others. A large humanoid creature lumbered past, dragging a huge sword. suddenly the static noise from the radio on dave's hip drew the creatures attention.
"****!"
He growled as the monster lumbered towards them, groaning under the pyramid shaped helmit. In a fluid motion, the firing began. It didnt stop the monster at all. He just continued to move forward despite the dammage that the bullets were doing. Jay was screaming, confused and scared. The darkness seemed to decay all that was around them, making things appear older then what they realy were. Dave looked up at the ceiling for a breif moment before continuting to shoot at the monster. It started to swing its large sword around, Atreu froze as it came to slice her in half. Dave blinked as Jay made a dive, knocking her out of the way. Dave backed into the wall as the wind from the sword was a half an inch from his stomach. Jay grabbed the fallen crowbar and starte to wail on the freakishly gigantic monster. Then there was a flash and the monster was gone. Things started to return to their normal grey state. Dave put a hand over his heart, letting out a long sigh of relief. Jay walked over and helped Atreu up from the floor.
"You okay?"
"yeah why did you save me?"
Dave was wondering the same thing as well. He didnt think that stonners were smart or honorable enough to do something like that.
"Because you're a ****ing hot chick! Who wouldnt save you? Besides you're the only good looking thing in the group so I figure I save your life you help me out later. But seriously what the hell was that thing? I know I aint stoned but after that I need to be!"
Jay said shaking his head, his voice actually wavering from its normal obnoxious manner.

(more later)

Chptr continued

"we have to find the others first. Bob and Criss."
Dave said. Atreu and Jay nodded as Jay then helped Atreu to her feet. It was eerie, there was compleat silence in the hotel with the exception of the baited breaths that were rising from the group. they slowly started up again, moving around the corners of the walls with as much silence as possible. They just waited and paused every few moments to listen, just to hear the resounding silence from the tiny hotel. There was a sound that echoed like a gunshot through the silence as the group came around the corner, guns drawn and fingers on the trigger. They had ran into Silent Bob and Criss. Each person was looking down the barrel of a gun. Everyone's chest was heaving up and down from the shock and surprise.
"We need to find a secure place and try to regroup with the others."
Criss said. Dave nodded, feeling his head pulse behind his eyes. They searched around and found a little corridor dead end that looked as if it would previde a safe place for them to rest. Dave sank to the foor with a finger pinching the bridge of his nose. He closed his eyes breifly and opened them. He was alone in the hallway where they had set up the camp. The red haired girl appeared from around a corner and lit a match, iluminating her mischevious features.
"Guess what?"
She breathed, her voice barely above a whisper. Dave went for his knife around his boot to find out it wasnt there. She gave a flick of her hand and the whole room went up in flames. Dave felt his heart stop and the breath catch in his throat. He choked as the flames licked at his boots.
"Everything's on fire..."
She said giving a little laugh. Dave blinked and he was back in the hallway with the rest of the group. Sweat dripped down his head and his chest heaved up and down.
"You alright Dave?"
Criss asked as he sat down beside Dave. Dave just shrugged his shoulders and took the water bottle that Criss offered him. He swallowed the water down greatfully, his throat burned and was dry.
"you can do mind reading and mentalisim and hypnotisim right?"
"Yeah.. why?"
Criss asked as both the guys looked up and saw Atreu sitting with Jay and Silent Bob, her head resting on Jay's shoulder.
"This place, its affecting me more then everyone else. I can feel it. That girl's gotten one of my best friends and inside my head. Its driving me insane."
Dave said softly. Criss shook his head.
"I noticed that myself but when I try and reach out, I get scalded on a mental level. Its beyond me Dave."
Criss said leaning his head back on the bricks.
"I cant even close my eyes without seeing that girl that drew in chester. Its like she's haunting me." Dave said, shaking his head softly. He glanced up at Atreu and Jay once more, feeling jealous that they could both be so calm in such a hard time.
"we just need some rest for an hour or so. Try and get some. I'll keep watch."
Criss said putting a hand on Dave's shoulder. Criss stood up and took up a position where it looked as if he was watching over the group in a brotherly fashion.

Very cool. As I'm loosing internet later today I'll catch up with the story the days I can get to the library. I'll talk to ya on AIM when I can via my phone. Peace kiddo.

its been a while i know but thats because I've been in classes and at school. heres some more

Ch4 (i think)

Dave felt his head droop on to his chest from the weight of the sleep falling upon his body and mind. He sleepily glanced up at the sight of Jay, Silent Bob, and Atreu sitting together, the two men watching over the younger girl in a protective manner. the fire in front of them popped and crackled, making Dave recoil against the wall even further. His breath came out in tiny whisps of white, spiriling and curling over his head in an intricate design. his body shook from the cold, trying to keep what little warmth was left in it. Dave was afraid that if he closed his eyes, the girl would get him again, that the darkness would consume him like it did chester. Dave gave a small sigh, he wanted things to go back to the way they were. Where he knew that day in and day out there would be touring and nonstop moving around. Sure he had a few qualms about it before but now he couldnt think of anywhere else he would rather be. his fingers ran up and down the muzzle of his gun, fingering imaginary strings and frets of the imaginary bass that he held. He missed it so much. Criss then stood next to him. Dave looked up at him for a breif moment before returning his stare to the wall.

(put more up later

Back